Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Greetings and salutations, all. It is Friday. I am going to the greatest place on earth this weekend (Waterworld), and let’s get going. So, A-Rod now might be guilty of LEAKING the names of the busted guys. So, let’s review the list. Fans don’t like him. The media doesn’t like him. Clean ballplayers don’t like him. Coaches don’t like him. Now, CHEATING ballplayers don’t like him. You should just go get a domestic assault charge, A-Rod, so you complete the circle.
2) Still to this day, I find this one of the most relaxing songs I have ever heard. Mad Season. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm72DPJCX58
3) Always in life, you occasionally encounter someone who just makes you feel downright lazy and unappreciative. Here was my moment today. Florida has extended an offer to this kid for basketball. He has one arm. This video is sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0kEyJ-tToo
4) The Angels beat the Yankees. Correct. However, Soriano continued to party like it is 2002 by getting 4 hits. Dude is simply clubbing the ball.
5) Welcome to Arena Football, LA KISS. Season tickets that cost $99 also include a KISS concert. Shout it out loud. And we have contestant numero uno for the rant theme.
5a) My brother claimed Ace Frehley and Peter Criss as his favorites. I took Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. We were true fans down to having two foot high figurines. Those guys were dope. I think my favorites were I Was Made for Loving You (still do it Karaoke if they have the song), C’Mon and Love Me, Forever, Parasite, Firehouse, Black Diamond, Crazy Nights (wow, I can’t stop this list), Detroit Rock City (still also do as Karaoke song), Strutter…ok-that’s enough.
5b) After looking at that list, I think that Black Diamond takes the top spot.
5c) And Crazy Nights get a note since it is such a damn, fun song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6gaS9wrtM4
6) PJ Hairston will “miss some games.” Someone assign a chaperon to that guy during that time. Vince. You are a fan of some great guys at UNC (as I hear him get his best Ben Roethlisberger joke teed up).
7) My buddy Cerk and another buddy were discussing the country of Turkey. Apparently, they have bathrooms with a pond in the middle with ducks. The quacks cover up the noise. That is simply brilliant. Turkey now has moved up to #56 on my list of places to visit.
8) If you are not watching Drunk History, you are seriously missing out. This week? Harry Houdini was one of the features. And no, he didn’t die trying to get out of a container filled with water. He thought he had the strongest stomach in the world, and some dude clocked him in the gut before he was ready for the “challenge.” And hearing a drunk person tell it is hilarious.
8a) Good news. It is catching on. At first, the stars just did cameos in the skit. Now, we have the first week of semi-stars as the ones getting drunk and TELLING the story.
9) Adrian Peterson says he is OK with what Johnny Manziel did with the autographs. Once again, A.P. is the less irritating, more talented version of Snowball. Whatever the topic, and whether asked or not, he is HAPPY to offer his opinion.
10) Lindsey has Showtime and HBO. I passed by the TV last night and realized I am not really taking advantage of having those channels. Skin was involved.
11) Everyone who drinks has drinking stories. Some are better than others. Some we aren’t even sure are real. Some (I am guilty) you THOUGHT happened to your fraternity brother, then watch Good Will Hunting a few years later, and then have your jaw drop because the story is told on screen word for word (In my optimistic world, I told enough people that it made it to Boston as the best drinking story ever. In my realistic world, I am an idiot.). I digress though. Here is a guy who woke up in a shipping container, and had to make calls before he was shipped across the ocean. http://gawker.com/drunk-man-wakes-up-inside-shipping-container-bound-for-1137164024
12) That is it. The list is ready for the long weekend one at some point. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.