Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Evening rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Sorry for the lapse. You are here for sports hooks and not story time, but let’s just say something happened bad enough that I didn’t even feel like ranting. I was out of it. All’s well that ends well and teaches lessons. Device oriented, not family or Lindsey related, so all good. Anyway, let’s get to it. I have a hook backlog, so I will slowly get them out over the next couple days or maybe this weekend.
2) I watched a little of the Nadal-Ferrer match. I pictured what the score would be, how the first set and a half would go, continued to hit snooze, and then finally woke up for the last set to find that exactly what had envisioned HAD happened…a straight set dominant win.
3) Winning EIGHT of the SAME Slam is just simply ridiculous.
4) The Stanley Cup Finals are here. I think these teams are both on fire. Therefore, I am checking two boxes and saying it is a push in the other for me to choose my prediction. The incredible Chicago start to the season ended up not being a fluke. They have the home edge. The push is that BOTH goalies are playing pretty hot, a necessity for the Cup. Therefore, I am not exactly reaching on this, but give me the Blackhawks in 7.
5) Wait a minute. The bond was PAID for Titus Young to get out of jail. After three arrests and two in ONE day, this guy is running around again? I get what is going on here. Expect another arrest, and one planned so the insanity plea comes into play. It IS fun he is OUT though. Brilliant.
6) Serena won a hard fought match against Ms. Really Loud on Saturday. I admit I missed the match, but given my prediction Friday being off a total of 2 games, I assume it went down pretty similar to what I assumed.
7) The Marlins recently won in 20 innings and then won AGAIN. Listen, going 5-5 in your last 10 is NO way to break some all time losing records. The Astros are trying at least. They have just lost 4 in a row.
8) Palace Malice won The Preakness. I will be honest with you. Unless you are into betting horses, have ownership, or are there, I find it hard to get into the third race unless there is a Triple Crown issue in play.
9) The Diamondbacks just went up a level in my book. Dibs to them for drafting a paralyzed player in the third round whose career was cut short. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/draft/2013/06/09/arizona-diamondbacks-asu-cory-hahn-mlb-draft/2404757/
10) I will be honest. I used to think The Simpsons was a really funny show. I can’t even watch it anymore after becoming a Family Guy fan. It is like Ivan Drago coming into Rocky IV and winning against him. The new guy was just better. Unfortunately, the Cold War might still be going on if we didn’t hear that Rocky speech at the end.
11) LOL. On the Family Guy I am watching, Chris just said “I haven’t been this confused since the end of No Way Out.” Hilarious. I admit to originally LOVING that movie, STILL liking it, and still owning it. I think I own more Kevin Costner movies than I am supposed to. Hmmm.
12) The Bucks offered Monta Ellis a contract. The kid is good, but I think this kid is waiting for the next pay day and then will either slack off or get arrested. I don’t trust him yet.
13) Everyone who is upset about the last game with the Heat just needs to take a chill pill. You don’t get extra games for winning big, I assure you the Spurs aren’t bothered by it, and Pop will make the adjustments in front of the home crowd. Bottom line. The Spurs split, which was their objective.
14) Chad Johnson angered a judge and now is going to jail. He patted his lawyer’s butt when conversing with the judge. Umm. New name ideas. Acariciando A Tope. It has a nice ring to it.
15) Finally, the Pats picked up Tim Tebow. Ugghhh. As a QB. Well, here’s the thing. This is one place that already HAS a QB who will be replaced when he is only down for the count or retired. So, there is no controversy. Tebow can be used in fun ways aside from that. And, dibs to my colleague and friend, JJ, who reminded me that Josh McDaniels IS there in NE, and the person who started all of this madness.
16) That is it. Lots to do before bed including work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. No breaks this week after the two day hiatus this weekend. Peace.