Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) So close, yet so far away. My boy, Bryce Harper gave it a run at the Home Run Derby, but ran into a buzz saw. Cespedes was RAKING, and everyone else just looked average. Word is that although Cespedes isn’t a household name (yet), other players come out to watch his batting practice before games. I now see why. Harper was consistent each round, but Cespedes qualified for the finals in his FIRST round with the highest score of everyone else’s TWO rounds, and quit voluntarily the next two rounds. Amazing. He hit a truck, the ballpark sign, the restaurant, etc.
2) Deadspin is FAST. Check out the fight breaking out in the background of the HR Derby while on air. http://deadspin.com/a-fight-broke-out-behind-espns-home-run-derby-set-794819191
3) I am not into True Blood. Lindsey is very much. For those of you who haven’t caught this week’s episode yet, apparently I was in the room during a very good episode, and the ending is crazy. Just passing it along.
4) Mickelson winning the links warmup is good news for his camp. The courses also support his creativity he has in his shot making. Less trees to navigate around, but lots of bunkers and long grass. I still hope he loses. Go El Tigre.
5) Good news in the Detroit Tiger camp for their “second” best pitcher, Justin Verlander. He flirted with a no-no AND won. The fact that he teased people is a good sign overall. Still worried about the MPH he is topping out at.
6) Freddie Freeman is out of the All Star Game due to injury. This can put a halt to people outside of the baseball box Googling who the heck he is.
7) Ryan Clady signed with the Broncos, pulling $33 million in guaranteed money. Those funny Broncos executives are probably easy to bargain with while they are drinking.
8) Why don’t we have those snobby spelling bee kids try and spell Louis Oosthuizen? Or put that guy on Wheel of Fortune.
9) Kovalchuk already has signed a contract with a Russian team. Our watered down vodka must suck, and here is another New Jersey joke to the already topped out arsenal. Something like “Why did Kovalchuk leave for Russia?” Because he couldn’t find one Jersey girl who could pronounce “Stolichnaya.” Whatever. That was off the cuff, people.
9a) I got overloaded with Jersey jokes at UVA. Now that I am across the country, I get only about 1 a day.
10) On all of the teams who are looking at Greg Oden, it is the young teams that are most in a dilemma. You have 19 and 20 year olds wondering “If he went out on the town with us, would we get more or less ID requests because he looks so freaking old??”
11) The Houston Rockets are eyeing up Hakeem the Dream as a centers’ mentor. Great idea. Bring in a psychologist too for Snowball, because he will get depressed trying to do the Dream Shake. Not happening.
12) If the Knicks sign Metta World Peace, I am going to back to look at alternative endings on the Ghostbuster I DVD.
12a) crossing the streams…JR Smith, Kenyon Martin.
13) Bud Selig says that baseball is cleaner than EVER. Bud, if we are talking about all drugs, I think anything before 1965 has you beat. If you are talking about drugs that AREN’T PED’s, than I think the late 60’s, 70’s and 80’s you win against. If you are talking just about PED’s, than I guess you DO beat out the 90’s…as pretty much EVERYONE was one them, right? Someone just get me a flow chart and I will get back to you. I just confused myself about what “wins.”
14) Johnny Manziel misses Manning Camp. Johnny Manziel’s old case against him is resolved. Johnny Manziel apologizes to A&M about missing Manning Camp. Are him and Snowball in a contest to irritate us the most through the media? Oh, that’s right. ONE of them has WON something.
15) Derrick Rose is 100%!!!! He is perfectly happy with his left leg jump elevation! It’s over. Let’s…oh, that’s right. We have MONTHS until the NBA season again. I suppose we will get thorough coverage about every move during every single practice at least.
16) Was PJ Hairston involved in that football team parking scandal too a couple years ago?
17) Very cool story about Dave Matthews and a lucky fan that is circulating quickly. Hitchhiking on the road. Classic. The first time I met Dave Matthews I bought him a beer in between sets at Trax in Charlottesville “just in case he made it big soon and I never got to talk to him again.” http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/showbiz/dave-matthews-hitches-ride/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews
18) The only thing about JR Smith being out 3-4 months that stinks is that him and Metta won’t be able to get in trouble as fast.
19) That is actually a stupid thought. They actually have a HIGHER probability of getting in trouble together. You can go to clubs hurt. Yay.
20) I think I forgot to put this link in there. Too busy at work to go back and backtrack. Matt Harvey interviewing people in Mets jerseys who have no idea of who he is. HILARIOUS. Jimmy Fallon. http://deadspin.com/heres-matt-harvey-asking-new-yorkers-what-they-think-o-794296616
21) Let’s finish up work and go watch the only All Star Game that means anything. It still sucks overall for the most part, but when home field advantage (wrong or right) is on the line, you WILL watch the end. Leyland picked up like 1000 relievers on his team. HE wants to win it at least.
21) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.