Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. This would be a SUPER speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Congrats to Ole Miss, who moved from a top 15 class to a top 5 class in one day. #1 player? Check. #1 OT? Check. Top flight WR? Check. #2 recruit from the state? Check. What a game changer with a lot to do with the fact that a kid just wanted to play with his older brother.
2) Ah ha. SAD story. The murder of the Fullerton head coach now has a suspect. He would be the ex-cop who lost his job when her father was on the board making the decision.
3) Ex-NFL DL Tony Casillas says they used horse ointment on his muscles back in the day when injured to heal them more quickly. Horses. Deer. Are we limited to only domestic animals when cheating? Someone go over to Africa and figure out how those rhinos, elephants, giraffes get so damn big. There has to be SOMETHING on their bodies that we could cheat with next.
4) Kobe tells the Dwightmare to play through his pain and sense the “urgency.” Translation: “I only have one year with you before you leave, and I am coming to the end of my personal road. Suck it up.”
5) Gregg Williams is reinstated for NFL coaching. I would like to hear his first motivation speech when he uses synonyms for “cut off,” “head,” “die,” and “body.”
6) Please watch The Burn. It is improve comedy with random topics. I almost fell over in my chair when Gilbert Godfried talks a little Tim Tebow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAB26Brv0Vg
7) The new Tosh.O had Joel McHale subbing in for him without either of them mentioning it. Pretty funny and pretty smooth.
8) Michigan loses at Indiana. Creighton gets SMOKED by Indiana STATE? What the hell is going on with my preseason teams? Ahhh. They are staying off the radar for me so I will look more like a genius when they make a March run.
9) Seriously, though. Indiana STATE?
10) Jamaica tied Mexico in WC qualifying? The U.S. losing to Honduras I am getting more used to and I won’t be booking any Rio trip until A) I actually have money B) I know if the U.S. is going.
11) The Following was solid again this week after watching it last night. That being said, although it is solid in quality, the creativity is lacking a little. It is getting a little too predictable. That is why you all are paid the big bucks. Lock and load.
12) I watched a little of the Spurs game last night. I decided my buddy, Scott, played back in the day exactly like Tony Parker. Deadly from mid range, uses his body to draw fouls against taller guys on a regular basis, and crafty as hell. You were the man, Scott.
13) I hope you basketball fans liked Alicia Keys anthem at the Super Bowl. She just signed as the halftime show for the NBA All Star game.
14) Rockies Todd Helton was arrested for drunken driving this week. Not an exciting story, but I would say he looked different than in all of those car commercials we have in Denver. http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-todd-helton-arrested-20130207,0,4915342.story
15) A New Mexico State basketball player was charged with assault after beating up a guy dancing with his girlfriend. It takes two to dance, pal, so maybe you should have just started with a nice talk with your woman if it bothers you that much.
16) A baseball card from 1865 netted 92k this week. I sometimes wish I would have kept collecting cards when I was a kid. They could just sit in my closet and very slowly make money.
17) Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is the funniest interview in basketball. NO expansion on yes or no questions if he isn’t in the mood.
18) That is it. Back to work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.