Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) The Tigers got reliever Jose Veras from the Astros. Good fit for both sides. For the Tigers and other playoff teams, you can never have too many set up men/ relievers. Sure, his 2.93 ERA isn’t earth shattering, but he does his job and did it for a bad previous team. For the Astros, it continues their plan. Interesting article about the GM a couple months ago and how he said he was going youthful, would rebuild the proper way, and that it required full buy in. They want all the prospects they can get for now.
2) ESPN media personnel are loving this Hernandez murder case (well, except that some is dead of course). Police are searching a pond in BRISTOL? THAT doesn’t require much commuting. They can sleep in a bit.
3) Flowchart needed. Topic: A-Rod and the CBA.
4) So the Texans pick up the LB who CAUSED the injury to Matt Schaub last year. THAT should be some interesting conversation over shots and beers.
5) I admit it. I really, really like Dexter. I am late to the party of course, but I do like it. When days become 30 hours long, it is first on my list to catch up on the episodes.
5a) This is sports related. There HAS to be a serial killer/ pro athlete out there. HAS to be. I think we cross section all of the highest Wonderlic scores with the worst performing ones on the field (because they have no time to get better…because they are killing people at night). Boom goes the dynamite. Serial killer.
6) Vernon Davis is taking practice snaps as a WR in 49er camp. Why not? I assume that being really hard to bring down as a tight end will translate to next to impossible as a WR. Dude has the athleticism and speed to pull it off though. He was a freak coming out of college.
7) Jimmy Rollins will activate his no trade power to stay with Philly. I initially thought it was because of passion for the organization or love of the city and its fans. I had visions of a captain going down with the ship. Maybe he likes Rocky movies as much as I do. Nope. The real reason is just because he is chasing some stats down and wants to be #1.
8) Last night, Lindsey followed up Dexter with Killer Couples 109. I know her. No concerns.
9) Thoughts and prayers to the families of the A&M and Utah football players who died in a random car crash. So much ahead of them put to waste.
10) For a guy with a 6-5 record, he sure has put THAT mediocrity behind him. Rays P David Price won again last night. Forget the rest of the season. Dude has a 1.10 ERA in his last two starts, 1.68 for the month of July.
11) Tony Romo is shooting for the Hall of Fame game to be ready to play. How adorable. He should definitely try and play the GAME as he is on no path to the actual PLACE.
12) Texas football has a QB transferring to Arizona. We are living in a rare time where Texas players are transferring probably because Texas isn’t good and not because of a stacked depth chart.
13) I will set an Outlook reminder. Thanks for telling us, A.P., that you will be breaking Emmitt’s rushing record in 2017. I can get some sleep now.
14) I think it is almost official. I believe I truly like Coke Zero Cherry more than regular Coke Zero. They are BOTH magnificent though.
15) What have YOU been doing this offseason, Mr. Eddie Lacy? Looking GOOD.
16) Deadspin is absolutely correct. I WOULD have liked to attend this party. Bears gone wild. Stephen Colbert, don’t click on this. http://deadspin.com/wildlife-camera-captures-bear-party-that-you-wish-youd-954301999
17) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.