Read it, don’t’ read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Lots to do. Ultimate speed hook version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) It has a cool name, it is cool to watch, and it is the first time ever it has been done. Not done by a FEMALE. First time done by ANYONE. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8885863
2) Wisconsin had NO free throws against Ohio State last night. Think someone is not taking it to the hoop enough to win? Live by the outside, die by the outside, and remember your outside shots will get more room to shoot if you DO drive here and there.
3) Ole Miss’s Marshal Henderson was told by the refs to go back and pick up and GIVE them the ball personally. Odd sequence.
4) When the HELL did Ole Miss basketball get decent?
5) Terrell Owens now owns the Dallas Strikers, a professional bowling team. Glad to see someone from my Rant Squad did SOMETHING grey area to make the headlines.
6) Has bowler Walter Ray Williams been the best bowler…like my entire life?
7) Ed Reed says that Junior Seau “signed up” for whatever he got in head trauma. I concur. Use his noggin for studies, but not lawsuits.
8) There was something in the news about Lance Armstrong and WADA and NCI. How many acronym organizations ARE there in relation to cycling?
9) Thoughts and prayers to Caleb Moore, the snowmobiler who is in critical condition after a crash at the X Games. Weird and scary that he actually walked off initially with help.
10) The U.S. and Canada played to a 0-0 draw in their friendly soccer match. Hey, U.S. Ummm. Canada is no power team. Friendly or not, you better be scoring some GOALS against them to have a prayer in anything.
11) Every time I watch the Colbert Report with my computer open, I remember how he actually interviewed the Twitter creator WAY before it became popular. Amazing how fast it progressed. We had no idea when he had him on his show.
12) I chuckled again when the AT&T “faster” commercial was on again last night. Those commercials brighten my day.
13) What a crazy night in college basketball, with the two most boringly efficient teams being on both ESPN’s. The Dick Bennett coaching tree was in full effect with both Wisconsin and Virginia on TV at the same time. Lots of milking the shot clock, very little flash, and dirty glares for ANY turnover.
14) BUT. UVA won over NC State. Great win, and that might help overshadow those three Colonial Association losses early in the year.
15) If you don’t know who UVA’s Joe Harris is, watch him play, dammit. Dude can flat out BALL.
16) Mario Chalmers will have his jersey retired this next month by Kansas. I have a feeling it is more for that one championship shot than his compilation of work over the years. He was good, but doesn’t KU have to draw a pretty tough line with the talent coming through there?
17) Michigan bball is #1 for the first time since 1992. That will be your poll in early April also. I am worried about their youth, but just a little.
18) That is it. Gotta go. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
19) Just a tagline. With tomorrow being the last day of the sales month, I will probably dodge blogging tomorrow. Most likely, although I might blog a little tonight, I will talk to you Friday.