Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. Thanks for joining me today. What do I need? I need the Ravens to lose against Cincy. Doable. I need the Dolphins to lose to the Jets. MAYBE doable. I need the Chargers to lose against KC. Doable. I need the Steelers to beat the Browns. Doable. Having all of these things happen within a 6 hour span? We will see.
2) OKC lost its first home game of the season…against the Raptors. Odd.
3) Speaking of odd, UNC ALMOST lost against unranked Davidson this weekend. OT saved them at home, and it really shouldn’t have even gone into OT had Davidson closed correctly. Anyway, UNC would be a team that is just as likely to lose against Northern Kentucky in its next game as it is to beat Syracuse in a couple weeks.
4) His team lost, which is normal, but did you see Kevin Love’s stat line? 45 and 19. Can someone freaking help that guy OUT?
5) I thought Paul Walker wasn’t in a lot of movies besides Fast and Furious because he was a subpar actor. Come to find out that the dude just was really, really busy doing very, very good stuff. Props. http://youtu.be/FxU4kDmRzIw
6) How come it took the NFL so long to align divisional games on the final weekend? Fun stuff this weekend with divisions being decided head to head.
7) Nice effort there, Chicago Bears.
8) Hot Tub Time Machine was on in the background a little bit last night. What killer songs are in the background during that movie.
9) I watched some of the replay of No Mas last night. STILL perplexing watching Duran quit.
10) The Ravens getting trounced at home was embarrassing for everyone involved, whether Tom Brady was pulling magic tricks or not.
11) Do the math on that Peyton Manning TD record. Sick stuff.
12) We have yet to get a dining room table yet for our new place, but that doesn’t stop us from having people over. Make yourself at home at our patio/ dining room table, all.
13) I am so excited to not have to jockey for TV position to watch the NBA games on Christmas Day. Lord of the manor (well, outside of Lindsey telling me to go into the other room to watch it).
14) Who is Henry Melton? He is someone being tailed by my Rant Squad scouts. Just preliminary of course, and he still needs two more to qualify, but getting arrested in a bar while you are out hurt and your team is fighting for the playoffs gets you on the radar.
15) Speaking of Rant Squad material, Dennis Rodman is planning his next trip to North Korea. No need to make jokes on that statement.
16) Rex Ryan told the team that the “word on the street” is that he will be fired after the season. Tell the team that next week too, my new favorite person in the whole world whose team I need a win from. SO intriguing rooting for them. The Steelers would lose the tiebreaker against the Dolphins, but the Jets win it within their division and then lose to the Steelers. Lots of stuff going on.
17) Nice stat line, Ryan Tannehill. 10-27, 82 yds. That is horrible. And it happened against the powerhouse Bills.
18) I had La Fondue cheese for dinner on Saturday and queso dip for brunch on Sunday. I guess my proactive health movement of NOT buying sliced cheese at grocery stores kind of is nixed by eating out like that.
19) For you local people, check out La Fondue’s happy hour. You wouldn’t expect a place like that to be cheap at anything, but it pretty much rocks. I know I had to be coerced to going there initially as it isn’t my type of place, but it is a regular stop these days. NOTE: You have to sit at the bar on the right to get the deal.
20) Another week goes by, and another week of the Saints looking like the Houston Texans while playing away from their Superdome.
21) The Nets are apparently NOT mulling trade options. Someone just let us know when something happens. Tell the Russian to make up his damn mind.
22) By the time I finish this rant, I assume we will have some new update on Aaron Rodgers.
23) I am sure all of those kids who went to Penn State with promises of loyalty love the fact that O’Brien’s buyout went down yesterday.
24) We went ice skating Saturday. My lifelong talent of not being able to stop at all is only accentuated by my deteriorating actual skating skills that peaked when I was 13.
25) I was preparing some joke about ex girlfriends and USC chasing after Ed Orgeron again, but I never got the delivery down the way I wanted it.
26) Wow. The Texans actually looked for 30 minutes like they WEREN’T tanking for the #1 pick. They should win an Oscar.
27) The Panthers having WR Smith leaving only further pointed out that they need to draft a top flight receiver to instill a little fear in secondaries.
28) The Colts are toying with us. I mean, why WOULDN’T expect them to go into Arrowhead and beat the daylights out of a solid KC team? I mean, do you realize that they have beaten the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs? That is quite a resume.
29) Even though Ohio State basketball came back late to win again, I am not sold on that team in the grand scheme of things.
30) Congrats to Dwayne Wade for getting engaged over the weekend. Paul George is glad he got some type of ring this year, because it ain’t coming from his day job this time around.
31) I am on a good burger streak. Some of the better ones I have ever had have been in the last month. Aspen’s Justice Snow’s and Park and Co are awesome providers of burgers I have learned.
32) There are two types of people in the world. Those who go see Keanu Reeves play a serious character in the theater, and those who wait until three of their friends tells them that he is actually not horrible in it before seeing it.
33) And to sum up the Steelers playoff chances…so you’re saying there’s a chance…
34) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.