Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Absolutely a speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) I would like to do a shout out to the Rant Squad. Someone DO something. Get arrested. Say something dumb on the mic. Go out on the town together. Come ON. You guys are pretty quiet lately. It is eerie.
2) Allen Iverson turns down the Mavericks’ offer to play on their D League team. Good. Whether he is wrong or right, I can’t make time to download the feed for freaking D League games. Some NBA team will want him back at some point. They HAVE to. The D League guys are pretty happy about this. They would have to put another basketball in play for anyone else to be noticed, because I don’t think he would exactly be shooting for that team’s assist record.
3) I am allowed to joke about Iverson, because I am already his biggest fan ever.
4) Joe Flacco rips the 2014 venue for the Super Bowl, saying cold weather championships would be ridiculous. I am saying ridiculous. Joe said another word that he will get some heat for. The Fillerbuster thinks it is a great idea as far as the game itself, but too many pretty, rich people go to those things for there not to be backlash.
5) Randy Moss says he is the greatest receiver of all time. EASY, Tiger. I know you just hit your 5 month deadline for saying or doing something dumb, but let’s not get carried away. You DID change the position, and you MIGHT be the greatest athlete to play the position, but Mr. Rice pretty much has that category locked down for the moment. Why don’t you go pay catch with him using his Super Bowl rings?
6) The Rams have said they WON’T hire Rob Ryan now. Ok. Now, I definitely think you should hire him. You two both have a little bipolarity in you.
7) Really, Sports Illustrated. You have to release a Ray Lewis PED article the week of the Super Bowl? Can we have a week just about football before trying to tarnish his legacy? The guy might of killed someone, but I think he is innocent on the PED’s.
8) Tell your friends. Notre Dame women’s basketball is the first team to beat both UCONN and Tennessee in the same season. Maybe it is just me, but the fact that it is women’s basketball AND the fact that the timeline is only 3 seasons doesn’t really make that stat very impressive. Dammit. Why did I even include that dumb tidbit? Nevermind. Don’t tell your friends.
9) I am blowing off the gym to watch the UVA-NC State bball game tonight. I am not hoping for a win as much as a game that won’t make me feel stupid for missing the gym.
10) I am impressed that the Super Bowl is in New Orleans and everything is pretty quiet on the arrest watch.
11) Someone put the Utah Jazz on a watch. They just lost to the Rockets by 45 points. That is a LOT.
12) Hey, Kansas and Adidas. I haven’t figured out what is cool about those bball uni’s…except that you can’t read them.
13) I think I am becoming a Will Clyburn fan. That kid from Iowa State is moving up draft slots daily right now. Put that kid with Pitt’s Steven Adams as my favorite players in the nation no one has heard of.
14) Remember when life was simpler?
15) I need to order a 2nd sports magazine. Is Sporting News active again? One ESPN Mag is not cutting it.
16) I almost forgot to watch The Following last night. Since I am a self proclaimed follower, and since it was just the second show, that is not good. I was watching the KU-West Virginia game.
17) Has Bobby Huggins recruited a pure SCORER in the last couple years? West Virginia has to work really hard to put the ball in the bucket.
18) A.P. says he is a lock for the NFL MVP. I like that he is trash talking, but I bet you talking smack to boring, laid back Peyton Manning seems so hollow.
19) The Raptors are after Rudy Gay. Put Rudy on a watch too. Poor Rudy if that happens. Go walk down Beale Street and cross your fingers.
20) If you hate basketball, listen to me. If you think it is dumb, listen to me. I don’t want you to waste time watching possibly bad games to swing you over to our side. So, just know this. Stop what you are doing Saturday night and watch Indiana-Michigan. You get two old school teams, two of the best players in the nation, and an AMAZING atmosphere to watch them play in. You will love it, and if you don’t, then you are helpless.
21) Roger Goodell gets a 39% approval rating from the players in a survey. He is the guy who has to keep everyone in line, and they are the victims of his punishments. I actually think 39% is pretty good considering the goings on over the last few years.
22) Sure, Tiger won by 4 strokes, but I was not impressed on how he closed out. He backed into the championship. Considering he was playing par golf since he was so far ahead, that is not good, people.
23) So, let me get this straight about Tiger. There is a story going on about him and Elin getting back together AND him dating Lindsey Vonn?
24) Jay Cutler’s fiancée says she doesn’t want her son in football. I am going to come back to this one tomorrow. I gotta go, and this needs a little time spent on it.
25) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.