Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. VERY productive work day, and now I have a work event/ baseball game to go to shortly. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) First of all, thanks for noticing, Logan. WAY too many LeBron mentions over the last few rants. Consider that FIXED.
2) DAMMIT. Technically, that last hook means I mentioned him AGAIN. I fooled myself.
3) Boom goes the dynamite. Everyone thought “Tiger had his chances but then folded and shot par” blah blah BLAH. How did the day turn out? His even par put him in one of the final pairings going into the weekend on moving day. The course won the day, and if you are under par or a few over, you are IN it.
4) We had a work meeting yesterday. I sat down before any food came out. I accidentally positioned myself RIGHT by the monster cheese plate. I killed four heaping plates during the meeting. I once won a bet to clear a cheese plate by myself. I am past my cheese eating prime, but I put a hell of a dent into that thing yesterday.
4a) Remember, I don’t keep cheese in my home fridge anymore. When I am around it, I unleash myself.
4b) If you are curious, I had mac and cheese at the work get together FOLLOWING the company meeting. I thought it was a good finale.
5) Josh Brent “retires.” Ok. If you want to say it that way, we will let it ride. I would consider it more “no one wants me, my drug problems, nor the eternal brand of killing my own teammate.”
6) Cubs P Matt Garza announced his agent said he believes he will be traded. I smell a Red Sox trade. You?
7) In our meeting yesterday, our boss, Todd, mentioned Yo Yo Ma. This is a phrase I still entertain myself by yelling out in random public places. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZLei8ekzE
8) Our company is growing so fast that you could rob us and no one would question it because of all the new faces on a weekly basis. Case in point. Someone I had never seen before was wheeling out a bike today past me. I hope no one is missing a bike after work. Don’t know WHO that guy was.
9) Classy. Without overdoing it or disrespecting the Nets, it was VERY obvious that Paul Pierce wanted to stay in Boston to end his career.
10) Retweet THIS. The teen who ran out on the field because enough people retweeted his dare got one year in jail. Have FUN, kid.
11) It is not mainstream yet as a story, but it WILL be. I wrote about this a LONG time ago. Anyway, so you know, SIX more players joined Ed O’Bannon in his fight to get college players paid on endorsements and bonuses the school receives because of accomplishing championships and stuff. I personally like it, and it would be work around to paying the crappy athletes.
12) Matt Sandusky is seeking to change his name. Can’t blame him. How about Matt Ochocinco? That one is free. Nice ring to it.
13) Andrew Bynum says he will be ready for Cavs camp. Thanks. We are intrigued by this gamble, but would all agree that you should speak into microphones about as much as Snowball and Metta World Peace.
14) Our company is having a potluck today. We were responsible for dessert. Lindsey got two half pies. I now, after 40 years, am aware that someone actually makes HALF pies.
15) Someone told me I should TIVO the British Open so I didn’t have to wake up so early this weekend. Whatever. I am NOT going to watch something recorded later that my little plans in life allow me to jack up my schedule and watch NOW.
16) That is it. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.