Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Old format. Let’s turn and burn.
1) As Miami and Houston battle to see who will be worse this year and what all time records might fall, I noticed the Marlins have won TWO straight games. Everyone run out and see if there is a meteor shower going on also.
2) The San Jose Sharks are up 3-0 in their series versus Vancouver. As I blogged about last week, I think that since we are NOT expecting the Sharks to make noise in the playoffs, that this might be year. Chicago is a great team, but I think the Sharks have the goods to make the finals…to lose to the Penguins of course. I look at the Sharks roster and think they HAVE to win at SOME point, right?
3) I am wearing a Phillies National League Champions T-Shirt today at work. A project manager walked by and commented on how old that shirt was. Ugghhh. GOOD one, buddy. AND Halladay got thrown on the DL. What a day for baseball.
4) The Blue Jays are 11-21. My only questions is IF they become sellers, are they going to trade off all of the guys they just worked hard to GET in the offseason?
5) NOT staged. We walked into a bar and saw THIS visual as we sat down at the bar. I guess the capture would be “I ALMOST drank the most interesting man under the bar…AND he was checking out my girl.”
6) Stiffler (he will ALWAYS be that to me, like Patrick Warburton will ALWAYS be Puddy) and Paul Rudd make an AWESOME comedy team. I was flipping around after the games yesterday and caught a little of Role Models. What a fun movie that is. Abrasive…but very funny. And how can you NOT love Kiss?
7) The Angels are 11-20 with a lineup and pitching stack that is STACKED. When the Red Sox and Yankees overpay their roster, we laugh at them when they don’t win it all…but at LEAST they have winning records with their overpaid roster. When does the patience run out?
8) The guy who gave the one MVP vote to Melo over LeBron SAYS he did it for legit reasons. He was just being an ass if you ask me and didn’t want it unanimous. Or, he literally didn’t watch one game all year with LeBron playing.
9) The Vikings released punter Chris Kluwe today. I know that they drafted a punter to be his replacement, but considering how vocal Kluwe was on gay marriage AND given that the paint isn’t even dry on the whole Jason Collins thing, I would have kept him around for a while to throw off any conspiracy theories.
10) If you plan on watching basketball tonight, you might want to have alternative plans in case both games are bad. In the Golden State-San Antonio game, I have a feeling that Pop will have surprises for Steph Curry and they will roll at home. In the Miami-Chicago game, I have a feeling that LeBron and Company playing a severely depleted roster will have a different outcome than the Nets’ attempt at it. Both games could be ugly and over early. That being said, the Bulls were the thorn in Miami’s side this year. The problem is none of the stars are playing healthy outside Carlos Boozer. Not enough horses.
11) What a weird year. We have a guy announce he is gay but he is someone not technically on a team. Now, this. Forbes has announced that the most influential athlete in the world is…Tim Tebow. Dude might be influential, but I think he would rather have a job at this point. Phelps, Bolt, and Jeter were the next people on the list. What is Tim influencing? Releasing him/ trading him from rosters? If that is the case, then he is very, very good.
12) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.