Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Busy day, but I don’t think the lady would appreciate me blogging tonight instead of VDay stuff.
Let’s turn and burn.
1) Derrick Rose has come out saying “I don’t mind missing this year.” You have made LeBron even more happy, your city even more sad, but I suppose if we are talking long term, you ARE a franchise player. Personally, I say give it a go before the playoffs, but that is why I am sitting here blogging and coaches are getting paid to advise you.
2) Can Tony Bennett still get into the coach of the year talk? I am joking, of course, but you might joke like that if you have seen UVA play. They are painful to watch on offense, but somehow are still 8-3 in the ACC. Mid Majors around the country are licking their chops to face them as a 5 or 6 seed in the tourney.
3) All of you typical people can go to Valentine dinner with your significant other. Lindsey and I roll a little differently, and are quite happy to grab some good food at the bar and then go ice skating while you are eating your main courses at fancy places. Plus, we need to watch the taped new episode of The Following.
4) What are you THINKING, Oscar? You had the world in your hands. The double amputee, Oscar Pistorius, who won our hearts at the Olympics in track and field now is busted for killing his girlfriend in cold blood. I have some jokes ready, but it is too early in the process.
5) UCONN beats Syracuse as another top 10 team decides to lose. How about Kevin Ollie for coach of the year? Do YOU think you could motivate kids this well who are BANNED from playing one game of postseason?
6) I guess the birthday present the Tar Heels gave Coach K was lots of missed free throws.
7) The Nuggets got handled pretty easily by Brooklyn last night, but Nuggets fans would still get sleep knowing Iguodala and Gallinari weren’t playing. The Nuggets are still the team to watch to sneak in that title conversation.
8) Tennessee reports 3 NCAA violations in hoops. Glad to see they are realizing internally that have been cheating for a while.
9) I like to think of myself as tough. I also like to think of myself as a golf lover. That being said, I am drawing the line in the sand on this one. You want “golf tough?” A female golfer got bit by a Black Widow, dug out the venom with her golf tee, and then proceeded to play the14 remaining holes in a qualifying round. She didn’t qualify and shot a 74. Slacker. http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8943943/daniela-holmqvist-plays-black-widow-bite-australia
10) That TV station is FAST. A TV weatherwoman said the forecast for VDay would be “slow and slutty,” but evidently they already cleared the video from main sites.
11) Josh Hamilton says he is not worried about the temptations of L.A. That is ok, Josh, the entire coaching staff and fan base has enough worry to cover you. Watch yourself on Arizona trips. Those girls you got photos with might be 23 and experienced by now.
12) Mike Brown has said the Lakers “will turn it around.” What a guy. Word is that he them mumbled something after that, but no one is sure.
13) The NHL ticket price increase is tops among major sports. After the strike? Someone get me a flow chart and a financial analyst pronto.
14) Miami beat FSU last night for its 12th straight. Everyone seemed so concerned about how close the game was. FSU is not THAT bad, and any road conference win is a good one. Everyone settle down.
15) Senators Erik Karlsson will get Achilles surgery from a skate slash. Seriously, there are SOME injuries that just SOUND horrible. Reach down and grab your Achilles. Now, imagine it absolutely sliced in the middle. I do it and I think “very, very painful.”
16) Finally, it is a real shame that UK’s Nerlens Noel tore his ACL and will miss the year. He is a fantastic talent, and will have a great future. I would joke about this being a Karma payback for John Cheaterpari cheating in his recruiting, but this Karma thing might actually BACKFIRE. THIS might mean Noel might come back to UK. Ugghhh.
17) That is it. I am not even close to finishing my legal pad, but it is what it is. LOTS for the long weekend ones. Gotta go. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.