Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
Quick one today. On the clock.
1) Rory McIlroy wins the PGA by EIGHT strokes. No one came after him early in the round when he was slightly shaky, and then he got hot to provide some space for himself. LOTS of space. Rory winning will now have the media jumping prematurely at the notion that he is the next Tiger Woods, and Tiger Woods gets to endure another 8 months of people wondering if he will ever make it back. The masses will get tired of hearing about both very quickly. Ian Poulter was the one guy who made a mini-run early, but that wasn’t enough. It DID make me laugh some more at Ian though. If you recall, he is the idiot who said he would be better than Tiger Woods when it was all said and done, and the dude STILL hasn’t won jack.
2) Kind of neat to see Andrew Luck throw a 63 yard touchdown on his very first pass in a game. NOT quite as neat when you realize that it is preseason football/ glorified practice, and that the pass was just a screen pass. Anyway, the dude still has someone following him around with a red carpet and a glow machine.
3) Hope Solo speaks her mind. She is a winner anyway you cut it, and single-handedly kept the USA in the gold medal game pretty much. Her speaking her mind WILL get her in trouble now and then. Her new book details her struggles. All I know is this. If I am arguing with Hope, it would be hard for me NOT to utter some sort of comeback without the words “conjugal visit” in it.
4) Tyrann Matheiu visited McNeese St as a possible transfer location, and now has said he might sit out a year, go to school at LSU still, and then play the following year. Whatever you decide, dude, the magic has left the building of your sick athletic skills.
5) Lane Kiffin gives up his vote in the coaches poll. No worries, Lane. I don’t think you will need any votes by the end of the year. I expect a clear cut year for you all as long as everyone stays healthy.
6) Rikki Tikki Tavi is still my favorite cartoon of all time. I watched it when I was a kid going into my dad’s TV station at night, and I still watch it on a regular basis 30 years later. If you have never seen it, check it out. Rikki Tikki is the Jason Bourne of mongooses, and it is only about 28 minutes long. High quality.
7) Note to all Minnesota football fans and fantasy football team owners. Adrian Peterson is healing at a MONSTER pace.
8) I think during Olympic time, Usain Bolt just does and says random things to stay on the wire. All in a week, he has indicated he would like tryout with Man U, that Ronaldo is the world’s best soccer player, and has DJ’d at a party. Dude is everywhere.
9) The Olympics end. Great overall job, they got through the whole thing with pretty much all positive stuff, and now we just need to pick our sponsor sweethearts and studs. The over-sized McDonald’s will be quieter, Michael Phelps can now go smoke pot again at frat parties, and I probably haven’t heard the last of the words “Lochte” and “The Bachelor” in the same sentence.
10) I think that Paul Ryan looks just enough like Lloyd Braun from Seinfeld to possibly steal my vote subconsciously.
11) Finally, speaking of Bourne, I saw the latest installment. I consider myself an absolute expert, so know that I am very serious about my comments on this:
GOOD THINGS: They successfully found another story line to have a believable plot, they were clever about how they overlapped this installment to be happening at the same time as the 2nd and 3rd installments, and all the major players decided to join in the fun so everything was fluid. They also didn’t get sucked into having it constant action scenes to try and replace Matt Damon.
BAD THINGS: They needed a little more action is the flip side though. Some of the story lines dragged a little. I never was overwhelmed (which I should have been) with the badassness of Aaron Cross. He fought very little, and went down pretty easily from a measly two gunshot wounds. And it was the girl who put the finishing touches on one of the latest and greatest program peeps. Bourne would NEVER let that happen. Aaron Cross never did any tricks that seemed ultra cool like Bourne did. They attempted to match the previous version’s car chase scenes-they did not succeed. Aaron Cross did the whole rooftop thing too-it wasn’t as badass.
Overall. I give it a B-. Not bad, and they passed. That being said, there were a lot of things they could have spent a little more time on.
12) 2:17. That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.