Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest…
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. True, it is Friday, but I am meeting up with my buddy, Adam, who I haven’t seen in years I think. HARD 20 minute stop.
Let’s turn and burn.
1) The Lakers Dwight Howard says that his leg felt “dead” last year. Dude, PLEASE push the mic away from you until the regular season. Except for having a prime time episode telling us where you are taking your talents, you are becoming more and more unlikable by the day for me personally.
2) Should the Reds re-sign Dusty Baker? Is he out having beers with Marv Levy right now mulling over whether they will offer him something?
3) There was something about Lance Armstrong/ victories being vacated/ lawyers today. I think we have an excellent Mad Lib game in the making.
3a) Hardy har har. The teammates who testified against him just got a 6 month ban. Take that.
4) Jonathan Vilma is appealing for Roger Goodell’s “recusal.” You don’t see that word too often. Good luck with that nonsense, Jonathan.
5) I still roll off the couch when Seinfeld talks about the Ottoman Empire. A whole empire on putting your feet up?
6) The Imagine Dragons did it again. If you haven’t heard the song “Radioactive,” then you are missing out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu-xFvLaE68 Thanks, Lindsey, for introducing me to those guys.
7) Sandusky can evidently keep his 900k pension. So…he is a really rich sexual predator who might be able to spend it if he lives to 100. Sweet.
8) Usain Bolt says he might pursue a soccer career after his track career. And Michael Jordan was supposedly going to be senior tour pretty soon, correct? That is almost as bad as me temporarily thinking I might go out for UVA’s soccer team when I was a first year student there.
9) My thoughts on last night’s debacle in Tennessee:
-the Steelers fans travel SO well, and have SO many fans in every city. It was almost a home game in sound
-the Steelers are 28-9 with Troy Polamalu, and 7-9 without him. Fact.
-Harrison TRIED to help out. His key sack in the first half limited the early damage to just a field goal
-You have skill positions and then you have your foundation. Pouncey’s injury KILLED Pittsburgh. Of course, so did the fact that they allow ten yard passes like the original Tecmo Bowl Chicago bears foe. Actually, that was 12 yards in the game each time.
-Isaac Redman was simply carrying Titans around after catches
-that was the worse pre-game song EVER
-Is LT. Dan the voice for every commercial that Morgan Freeman is NOT?
-in the NFL commercial about safety, how is the woman watering flowers talking without a device to Tom Brady, who is sitting at some inside desk?
-the Steelers’ offensive line was a question mark before the game as it has been for the last five years. Having 3 guys injured at some point in a game when you dress 7…just doesn’t add up well
-I watch players try to reverse the field. Unless you are Barry Sanders, it ain’t happening in the league today, people. Yes, he could STILL do it.
-I think Kenny Britt missed his calling. He would be better at volleyball where you DON’T want the ball in your hands. Or soccer.
10) When A-Rod was pulled for a pinch hitter, a horse named after him that was supposed to race ALSO was scratched from its race. Weird.
11) The NHL are thinking about thinking about composing a proposal to set up a time to at some point talk about possibly playing before the year 2020.
12) That is it. Gotta go. Will I blog tomorrow? Lindsey is out of town, free time galore, so that is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.