Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. 20 minute work break/ sanity check. Speed round. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Mike Shanahan is backtracking after talking after this weekend about “next year.” I have heard a couple different spins on this and I don’t care for them. There are people trying to create an explanation that he wasn’t being pessimistic or a quitter in his intentions. Bottom line is that is what he was doing. It must be nice to have that kind of job security, you can’t be saying that when you have that young of team, you will lose the players as you know THEY won’t quit, and stay away from microphones with that language.
2) GREAT commercial. I love the “hello” commercial with the kid doing the flip and then having technology (it was for AT&T) spread the word, with everyone saying “hello” as they watched the amazing feat. Then, at the end of the commercial, Bob Stoops comes up to the kid and says “hello.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOCNp6OUHU
2a) Forgive me if this is an old commercial. I am frequently late to the party.
3) Mark Cuban and Donald Trump are in a Twitter war about dumb bets. Stop clogging the wire, guys. Can’t you all text or send jets with paper notes or something? I am over it.
4) Now, David Ortiz and Bobby Valentine can keep fighting through the media. I am NOT over their fun. Fire away, boys.
5) How many weeks is this Tagliabue Bountygate appeal thing going to go on? I am bored and either need resolution or an absence of updates.
6) I still love the Michael Jordan commercial where it shows the old guy who constantly gets let down people who meet him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBBN3ZnYeU
7) Wow, Michael Vick. You are really putting a solid case up accidentally about NOT keeping you at QB. One good game and you can squash this crap. Thanks for not picking last night to do so, as I needed a Tom Brady replacement for his bye week. Thanks for nothing. You suck.
8) Weird. If I had to bet on who got the first “flopping” penalties, I would have guessed some pretender big inside guy. JJ Barea and Donald Sloan were the first ones busted, both being shorter than about 6’4”.
9) I like the Direct TV commercials also where the big screen is in the bathroom, by the kid’s bed, etc. “You have a lot of great questions.”
10) This Chuck Pagano story along with that youth movement story going on in Indy is one of the better overall sports stories this year. Wait until he gets BACK.
11) I don’t know Romeo Crennel, but I like him a lot. You have to be a good guy when you fire yourself when shit is going bad. He kept the coaching title, but dismissed himself from Defensive Coordinator duties. They also made some other changes, all needed. Hey, we were all right a few years ago. There WAS a reason why Matt Cassell was the most unknown backup since Tom Brady always was healthy. He sucked also evidently.
12) Hey, James Nash. There has to be a better master plan. Trust me. A 21 year old wanting to play basketball and therefore inventing a fake name and going to play HIGH SCHOOL ball is not on my A-List for brilliant plots.
13) I think Tampa RB Doug Martin sounds more like a…like a decathlete or a NASCAR driver or something, but the dude is here to stay. The people who didn’t know who he was were too busy paying attention to the QB Kellen Moore for the Cinderella Boise State team.
14) Hey, Amare Stoudemire. Take your time healing. Your team seems to be doing just fine. First time the Knicks are 3-0 since 1999.
15) Apparently, Sean Payton and the Saints ARE allowed to talk contracts now. Make up your mind. Dallas needs to know just how much of an upper hand they will have.
16) Dwight Howard has decided to let us know that he doesn’t like the new All Star Game balloting where it only lists “frontcourt” instead of separating centers. Dwight, PLEASE be quiet. Seriously, if you are lonely, get a dog. Play some video games. Practice free throws. Between cycling doping stories and your mouth, we don’t even NEED more news.
17) Oh, and another ex-Armstrong teammate fails a doping test. Right on cue.
18) Rumors say that during Vegas’s bad day Sunday, the back of the house at a casino had to literally call the front of the casino to get more money. Not good. Scanning the scores, and knowing the tendencies, I am ballparking that this was because of all of the favorites winning.
19) Hey, Dwight. I found a friend for you. LeBron James has announced how he will be supporting Obama today. We care about this about as much as Keith Richards telling kids to not do drugs (stolen from Dennis Leary from back in the day-got to give credit when it is not my mind creating it) and MTV DJ’s telling us to vote back in the day. Why don’t you support Obama WITHOUT telling us? You are still doing it, you will feel warm inside, and you don’t sound so pretentious.
20) The Charlotte Bobcats, already bad enough over the last year, lost their leading scorer from last year for 2-4 weeks. Yes, that would be THIS household name. The guy with so many shoe contracts that I don’t even know where to start. The legend. Gerald Henderson.
21) John Elway has come out and said that Peyton Manning is now the king of comebacks. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I don’t even like you that much, John, but you have two rings, Peyton has one, and you are still the king.
22) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.