Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) You know the ACC has sucked in football over the years when they are talking about the Clemson-FSU game being the biggest ACC game of all time. Sure, it has national championship implications. Sure, it will be fantastic. But, sad that there hasn’t been a bigger one EVER. Hell, it won’t even be the biggest game of the year overall a week or too later.
2) US Soccer is saying Clint Dempsey has to “earn” his spot. Ummm. Spot earned. Make a spot for him, Klinsmann. NOW.
3) 2:07????????? THAT is when possibly a series deciding MLB game is on? That is just not right. Hell, even the restaurant or shift people can’t enjoy it because they can’t have pops before work… Fix the schedule next year.
4) The Cards won Game 4, setting them up to worse case have two chances at home to close it out. Still, this 2-3-2 format is just dumb. Basketball finally went BACK to the 2-2-1-1-1 format, and baseball is being stubborn. Fix it. If teams split the initial two games, it is unfair that the higher seed might not even see their crib again. I think the Cards might drop the game tonight, and then clean things up in 6 games. They are the Spurs of baseball. Not flashy. Not exciting. Very consistent. And winners. When the Dodgers are doing things like NOT pinch running and then getting caught with their pants down by the pitcher at second, they don’t deserve the next step in the playoffs.
5) Robert Pera is the owner of the Grizzlies. What, you haven’t heard of his legendary basketball career? That is because there is none. ANYWAY, dude has money, a team, and a Twitter account. Dude also has challenged MJ to a one on one game of basketball. Idiot. Actually, rule #1. Never challenge MJ at one on one. Rule #2. Never challenge MJ if you are not in your prime and if he is not 50 years old. Rule #3. Never challenge MJ ESPECIALLY if you have never played basketball. This must be a dog-master mentality. Maybe the guy is taking on the idiot personality of Zach Randolph.
6) The U.S. Soccer team perhaps saved Mexico and their World Cup hopes. You are welcome. Let’s do lunch in Brazil.
7) OU’s WR Trey Metoyer got busted for indecent exposure TWICE. I think they took the actual stories out of most of the articles reporting it now since this morning, but don’t have extra ink pens lying around for this guy.
8) I build up Bob Bradley, and then he loses 6-1 to Ghana. Dammit.
9) I wonder how long it will be until there is no umpire behind home plate. They will just use that little digital rectangle that is apparently correct every time anyway.
10) Josh Freeman will start for the Vikings this week. Wow. That was fast. I hadn’t really even gotten fully into feeling sorry for him. Guess THAT indicates the state of the Vikings QB situation.
11) Let’s put aside the cheating and time off. Let me get this straight. The NOT arguably best team in the league is getting back arguably the best linebacker in the league this week. Great.
12) Happy 25th Anniversary to one of the coolest home runs we have ever seen. Check out the interview last night with Dennis Eckersley talking about Gibson’s HR. It was pretty funny.
13) Seriously? There is a MLB guy named Al Albuquerque? Poor guy.
14) Time just flies, doesn’t it? It seems like just last week that the NFL was reviewing a Ndamukong Suh hit…oh. That’s right…they were.
15) Time just flies. It seems like just last week that the Giants were working out running backs…oh…they were.
16) I know we are all very impressed how the Pats lose key players and just keep on trucking. They are REALLY testing themselves with the loss of LB Jerod Mayo.
17) Detroit lost their game last night. In case you care, the Tigers’ batters have put up NO runs in 4 of 6 of Verlander’s latest starts. Tell your friends.
18) In the background while coming back from commercial, TBS had on some new crappy Linkin Park song I think. Not a hater…just loved them before they became pansies and happy and shit.
19) Matt Schaub says the cheers during his injury upset him. Here we go. Don’t feed the fire, bro. Just let it be…otherwise, you will get MORE.
20) This whole buildup with Peyton going back to Indy is adorable (patent-Kyle). It almost sounds scripted. If Irsay really meant “just one ring” though, then he is a much bigger idiot than I thought.
21) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Skipped stuff logged for weekend. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.