Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
You KNOW you want to hear the Airwolf theme music, right?
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. On the record. Because of the coaching element I talked about yesterday, I am going UCONN over Florida by 2 points, and UK over Wisconsin by 4. UK over UCONN by 3 points in final. Basically, I am predicting a fun ending to the extravaganza.
2) Mr. Clowney with a funky first name says that he should be the #1 pick in the draft. Well, hell, man. I wish you would have told that before all of these mock drafts and rumors. You would have saved us all the time. Geez.
3) Ralph Sampson will coach Houston. Can someone tape that HUGE man giving his first pump up locker room speech with one of the freshman asking if HE ever won anything for his team? It will be priceless.
4) The D Backs are running out of their $25 corn dog. If that doesn’t tell you something about eating habits at baseball games, I don’t know WHAT does.
5) Russell Wilson wants to be the greatest QB ever. Fine. Good plan. I am sure Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer had those same aspirations after winning a Super Bowl too.
6) Congrats to Dick Bavetta, also known as the Cal Ripken of reffing. 2633 straight games. I will put my BEST people on your place in history, sir.
7) The Titans are going to cut Chris Johnson. If anyone needs a cocky, kind of already past his prime prima donna, I am fielding his calls for the time being.
8) If you are wondering about the state of the Leastern Conference, just know that the Knicks presently sit in the 8th playoff spot TEN games under .500. What a race.
9) Who is Ben Revere? He is Mr. History, folks. He has now had 1410 AB’s without a home run. Tell your friends.
10) The Pats will host Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel. This is just trade research, people. Relax. We most likely won’t hear Mr. Brady telling Johnny Football to shut his mouth and sit his ass down anytime in the near future. Damn.
11) MJD turned down the Pats and Steelers in taking the Raiders gig, saying Matt Schaub could take him to the promised land. No word on whether he is also violating the NFL drug policy in these discussions.
12) The US and Mexico went to a draw in their “friendly.” For you long time readers, you know my feelings on friendlies. For you new people, I envision that after faking an injury, they are very polite to the person who fake hit them. Just call them a glorified practice.
13) The Spurs won their 19th straight. They did it against the Warriors. These are freaking PLAYOFF teams their run is against. Sick, sick, sick.
14) MLB had FIVE walkoffs and SIX closers blow saves in the SAME day. The latter hasn’t happened since 2001. Tell your friends that too.
15) The HS McDonald’s game basically to me proved that most kids are going to Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or North Carolina.
16) David Ortiz is #1 in jersey sales, meaning that not only are Boston fans the most spread out and most passionate, but that also they like to blow their wad on ugly baseball jerseys.
17) Daniel Murphy, you GO. I don’t have kids, don’t want kids, and won’t have kids. AND, I am not a professional baseball player. BUT, if any of those things were true, I think I would want to see my kid born too.
18) Colt McCoy sighting, because he is one of those guys we ALL want to know where he is at. Well, he doesn’t have to worry about getting mugged by a gang downtown. He is now on DeSean Jackson’s team.
19) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
20) All sports hooks, so the default theme rides again. Airwolf is the shit, people, and can STILL beat the living hell out of anything in the sky today.