Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Super speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) It is mighty quiet at the NBA trade deadline. I am hoping by the end of this mini rant that something will have happened. We are all waiting on what happens with Josh Smith and Dwight Howard. Meanwhile, the always happy to trade Rockets landed Thomas Robinson last night. I like the trade for Houston. They also got a tall backup guard in Garcia. Robinson was the #5 pick overall, so ceiling is high, and after all of the dust settled on this trade, the Morris twins from Kansas were reunited. How cool is that? Of all the NBA teams out there, they are now on the same one in Phoenix.
2) I will not be totally revamping the rant (except the background soon), but you will notice an “altering” over the next few weeks. You don’t need to know all the details, but the bottom line is this. I will be steering away from just reporting a headline. Unless I have a strong opinion, some sort of side story, or just an urge to share, I will be skipping just reporting a headline. There will be decreased hooks except during the weekend versions, but possibly more in depth comments on each point. There also might be multiple blogs in a day when I have time if something draws my ire enough.
3) In all of this University of Miami trouble, it is not good that TWO sports are involved, and that somehow all the coaches involved are coincidently not there anymore for one reason or another. Odd.
4) If you watch the Daytona 500, keep a lookout for this person. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar–female-in-the-pits–christmas-abbott-is-set-to-enter-where-few-women-have-before-170207111.html
5) As sad as it is to see long time coach Lindy Ruff exit stage left from the Sabres organization, it is true that he has wasted a couple groups of good talent over the last couple years. THIS year especially thus far.
6) I won’t comment on the demoted Pistorius investigator. Reading the story in factual form is funny enough.
7) Milan shocks Barcelona. Why am I telling you this? This is the first match (in the last 133) that Barcelona lost by 2 or more goals since January 2011. Useless stat. Tell your friends.
8) In case you are not aware of the Wisconsin defensive system. They were up 28-12 last night at one point. In the SECOND half.
9) Kansas and Oklahoma State played a tight 2 OT game last night. It was “tight,” not especially high quality. Random notes. 1-LeBryan Nash does NOT seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. 2-Odd that the winning team (KU) had ONE FG in total in both OT’s. 3-I kind of was sad that I missed the dumb Bill Walton remarks in the following game because this game went so long.
10) I would like to thank Providence for getting SMOKED by Syracuse two rants after I said to watch out for them in March.
11) Ronda Rousey makes her UFC debut this weekend. I am just “reporting” this as it gives me an excuse to show this picture.
12) Interesting that in the whole Revis/ Sherman Twitter spat, it seemed like Revis kept more to off field stuff and Sherman was more about stats.
13) North Dakota suspended an announcer for saying the phrase “choke job.” I am personally not sure why that is bad. Confused.
14) The coolness of being a Jazz fan. Check out their season ticket free gifts. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/utah-jazz-offering-logo-burning-waffle-irons-season-003032052–nba.html
15) The NASCAR drivers are apparently being asked about if they are bothered that Danica’s lighter weight might give her an advantage. Someone PLEASE sneak a joke about guys not talking about a women’s weight. PLEASE.
16) That is it. I am throwing away the legal pad even though there are about 20 other things on it. Only the ones will make it that I have a comment on, and I am quite certain that at least 5-10 things will happen that will piss me off in some way by tonight or tomorrow. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.