Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. After a day of not blogging and a Sunday Christmas party I really had to suck up energy to even attend after an Aspen trip and a company party, let’s get back to it.
2) Squinston Winston won the Heisman. Related stories such as the grass being green and the sky being blue also came out this weekend. I am sure the local PD tried REALLY hard to pin an assault charge on their local QB about to get them a national title.
3) Raise your hand if you believe that Mack Brown resigned voluntarily. Yeah.
4) In the battle of two teams about to send about 8 guys to the NBA in the next two years and of two teams that literally can lose to anyone or beat anyone on any given night, UNC won this round against UK. I give you two teams that will wreck your bracket one way or the other.
5) Javon Belcher’s body was exhumed over the weekend. I would say that examining a brain of someone who shot himself AT the team facility WOULD be a good idea.
6) Omar Infante signed a four year deal with the Royals. For those of you needing to Google his name to figure out who the hell he is, try and do it when the Royals aren’t looking. Their feelings might be hurt as this IS their BIG winter signing. Small market teams…
7) Attending Cerk’s afternoon party was fun. Figuring out that my colleague, Peter, likes chess was a highlight. I desperately would like to find someone to share a big bottle of bourbon with and match wits in the greatest game ever invented.
8) I apologize for eating pretty much ALL of those prosciutto and cheese things, Cerk. It was simply out of my control.
9) Mike Shanahan has announced he wants to return to the Skins in 2014. This announcement happened pretty close to the Texans talking about OTHER possible coaching prospects. Mike can’t figure out how to get himself fired, but also wants to HAVE a job next year. Listen to George Costanza if you need to know how to get fired, Mike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUlHKKNH4HI
10) With O’Brien’s name surfacing about job vacancies, I wonder what all of those Penn State kids who drank his Kool Aid are thinking right now.
11) While you drift off thinking about Kobe’s injury comeback and how he is feeling overall, know the Lakers are calling the Knicks about Iman Shumpert…who ALSO is a shooting guard oddly enough.
12) I had a blast watching the Steelers look so good against a division leader when they aren’t going to the playoffs.
13) And the Dolphins won, which pretty much seals THAT up. Thanks, Tom Brady, for blowing THAT for me.
14) I made an odd comparison the other day after some drinks. iPhone people are like skiers and are aloof into how good their phone is. Droid people are like snowboarders and very cool cats who let their phone speak for itself. I have no idea how I came to that conclusion or why it is important or not important.
15) My bet is that there were a good many people who were tired of Jamaal Charles output for the year and sat him in some fantasy game this week while he was scoring 5 TD’s.
16) Was it second or minutes after the Army-Navy game when they fired their coach?
17) Does anyone out there really care at ALL about how Richie Incognito is?
18) Tonight Lions-Ravens game is huge as far as playoffs go. The Ravens control their own destiny, and we are all sitting around wondering if anyone in the Lions division will play like they actually WANT to win the thing.
19) In case you haven’t been paying attention, Eli Manning and Geno Smith are BATTLING righteously for the NFL interception lead. This thing will come down to the end, and both players seem to really want it.
20) It is a little girl, and she thinks Eli Manning sucks also. http://deadspin.com/young-child-screams-you-suck-after-eli-mannings-four-1483754630
21) When the hell did Notre Dame get good at men’s soccer and when the hell did UVA start sucking?
22) Jay Cutler won and hopefully killed all of this Josh McCown starting nonsense.
23) Vitali Klitschko vacated his heavyweight title. First of all, he has bigger fish to fry as he is a key part of a political party over there. Second, there is no one out there to fight. When the hell did we suddenly lack heavyweight boxers? It has been like 15 years since the division was ANYTHING. Talk about beating the system. The Klitschko brothers came into the sport at JUST the right time when no one WANTED the crown it seemed.
24) If Chip Kelly goes to Texas, we will test whether he can be even MORE disliked.
25) New polls were released for basketball. How many freaking games does Wichita State need to win before someone throws them in the top 10? Geez.
26) The Suns won their 5th straight game. I know their roster. I know basketball. It still doesn’t compute.
27) The Blazers winning their 21st game DOES compute with me.
28) The Saints are doing this on purpose now I think. How can a team look SO unbeatable at home and then stink the place up every time they travel?
29) Kyle Orton is looking smooth these days. In case you lost him and were wondering what team he played for these days.
30) I am pulling a Dez Bryant. I want to exit this rant before people see my crying. Hope you enjoyed or at least are more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.