Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Old format. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Well? BOTH NBA games were close last night, and the Bulls actually pulled out the upset at Miami. Butler did a HELLACIOUS job on LeBron, and played pretty much every minute of the game again. LeBron was held to the lowest first half total of the year. He shot his FIRST free throw with 39.3 seconds left in the THIRD quarter. No one has any clue how the Bulls decimated squad keeps winning, but they do. Already earning a split in the first two games minimally, if they can get Heinrich and Deng back before the games at their crib, look out. The Bulls just are constructed with that irritating, playoff STYLE, so they never seem to back down or get blown out.
2) In San Antonio, the game had to keep me up way past my bedtime, but was worth every second. Down 16 with a little over 4 minutes to play, the Spurs came back in champion style. I look for them to blow out the Warriors in the next game, drop one in Golden State, and then take it in 6 games. Too much talent, and Lee’s absence WILL be felt at some point when the shooting curtails a little. Lindsey was SO happy every time the game went another period.
3) I had to look up ANOTHER NBA player last night. Geez. I am SLACKING. Klay Thompson went to Washington State if anyone besides me cares.
4) I am waiting for the shortened version of that Galaxy phone commercial at the pool party. Neat idea, and now condense it. Over it.
5) The Clippers GM says he will try to keep Chris Paul. No one questions IF you want to keep him. Any idiot would want him running the show. We question if you CAN keep him.
6) The Nets have contacted Phil Jackson. Yup. I have said it all along. If it is not the Lakers, the dude is going to the Knicks or Nets.
7) The Rangers beat the Capitals in a higher scoring, 4-3, game last night. Sure, Henrik Lundqvist wasn’t the exact stud he was in the first two games, but he got the job done. In the NHL, you ride the hot goalies to a championship. If they can win game 4, I think Lundqvist might be a guy they can enjoy the ride with…at least for another round.
8) The Ducks and Kings have been chosen to be one of the outdoor games in 2014. Let me get this straight. Outdoor hockey is fun for snow and cold, but we are going to put two warm weather teams at a warm outside venue for a hockey game?
9) This is HILARIOUS. Church signs that crossed the line. I guess the people making them are SO pure and good, that their mind doesn’t EVER go into the gutter. http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/unintentionally-sexual-church-signs
10) So, I talked over the weekend about that razor commercial that ends with the guy in front of the mirror going something to the effect of “I’d humplepuff me.” Whatever. Anyway, they still have the commercial going, but they actually bleep OUT the end now. How is that possible? We now are airing commercials where BLEEPS are necessary? Confused.
11) Stop talking smack about Tom Brady, Ryan Clark. We weren’t in the playoffs last year. They were. Shut up.
12) I still have a bad feeling about the Thunder without Russell Westbrook, but they still have the talent to HANG with Memphis, and plus, I have them in my little cheap NBA pool. I think the Thunder win tonight. As far as the Knicks-Pacers, I think this game is close, but Indiana already accomplished the goal of splitting the first two games. I think New York finds a way to win…although I will be ROOTING for Indiana and hoping I am wrong.
13) I feel HORRIBLE for missing my dad’s birthday. Sometimes I get too caught up in work. Sorry, Dad, and you have something coming in the mail. On Father’s Day, I am ALL over it, and you are an incredible dad regardless of my shortcomings in remembering annual events.
14) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.