Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
ON the clock. Speed version, quick and dirty. I need to get back on my Rant schedule. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) In case you missed the Nadal-Djokovic match, here would be that 54 stroke rally everyone is talking about. http://deadspin.com/heres-that-insane-54-shot-rally-in-the-djokovic-nadal-1280482243
2) OK. Maybe everyone INSIDE tennis circles is talking about that rally. I am telling you. That 4-4, love 40 comeback in the third set sealed that thing. It literally BROKE Djokovic down mentally. Nadal has to be the most irritating guy to beat like pretty much ever.
2a) Hey, Mary Carillo. Before you start throwing out “ever” and “all time” stuff with the match, can you remember who you are sitting next to in the broadcast booth? There have been some other decent matches through the years.
3) Philly was fun to watch, but they kind of ran out of gas in the second half, and almost let Washington back in the game. It begs the debate that the SYSTEM will work, but does Chip presently have the personnel to do that for 16 games?
4) I have enjoyed the last day and a half of reading about the demise of the Steelers franchise. I would like to argue that point, but I look at their lineup and injuries and have nothing to come back WITH.
5) True. I wasn’t an avid watcher in past years, so my sample size is smaller than big time fans, but WOW. What a twist in the newest Dexter. In the words of George from Seinfeld, worlds are colliding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG3YMcSvzo
6) The late game was past my bedtime. I was in bed last last night with the sound on the Houston comeback and me semi-awake hoping I wasn’t dreaming. I am in a losers pool. Plus, that would have made my present Super Bowl pick look mighty silly.
7) I just ate McDonald’s (thank you, Ponto). Therefore, why NOT have a funny Deadspin McDonald’s link? http://foodspin.deadspin.com/your-handling-lots-of-mcdonalds-food-at-once-problems-1279369874
8) Even the freaking dogs in Argentina can play soccer. Here is a dog with a spot on header. http://deadspin.com/dog-is-adorable-idiot-on-the-field-scores-goal-1279419039
9) Love or hate him, Johnny Football is pretty darn good. This Bama game will be interesting. They will be READY for his speed this year, and not surprised like last year. But A&M does not play a pro style offense, so that spread out approach and speed could still bother Bama’s D. When it is all said and done though, I trust all adjustments made by Nick Saban. Bama still wins on the road 27-17.
10) LeBron says he has no idea about 2014 free agency. After having a television show JUST to announce your last decision, I feel confident you will keep us informed.
11) The Pats Danny Amendola is hurt and unlikely to play their next game. We are not surprised that the injury prone WR is hurt at all, but we are surprised Belichick has already told us information about his status.
12) If you haven’t seen the James Franco roast, try and catch it soon. Great stuff. More about this on my weekend rant, but Andy Samberg’s monologue was simply OUT there. It was like he gained momentum while doing it, and then finished crazy.
13) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.