Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Old format, as I didn’t have time or energy to organize my thoughts. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Once again, thoughts and prayers to the city of Boston as they deal with the aftermath of the tragic bombing yesterday. Three dead, 10 people with amputated limbs, and hundreds injured. Once again, the feeling that we technically are not safe anywhere seeps into everyone’s minds. Sucks that such sick people are out there.
2) Dibs to Danny Amendola for already giving to the Marathon fund by donating money for each catch this year. Classy entrance to your new Pats gig.
3) Things kind of worked out OK for the NBA after this tragedy. For the first time in NBA history, two teams will play 81 games as the Celtics-Pacers game was cancelled. They are pretty much locked into their seeds at this point though.
4) The Revis trade talks are on hold, and I would like to propose that we report nothing UNTIL something legitimately happens.
5) Oklahoma City beat a scrappy Sacramento club to win the Western Conference outright. Nothing unexpected here. The question is not whether they can win the West. The question is if they can beat the Heat without James Harden. They still have weapons, sure. But he was the one guy who could put a body on James or Wade AND give them problems on the other end. Kevin Martin doesn’t exactly fill that void. It will be interesting regardless. One other thing about the West is that the Nuggets NEED to hold on to that #3 seed. NO one wants any part of that 4-5 matchup in whichever two teams it has of the Nugs, Grizzlies, and Clippers.
6) While scrolling through a mock draft after Nerlens Noel declared, I noticed who had the 10th pick. Not only did OKC win their conference, but they ALSO get that pick next year. Nothing like making a championship run and then reloading with someone like Cody Zeller, Mason Plumlee, or Alex Len. Geez.
7) The grass is green, the sky is blue, and Brittney Griner went #1 in the WNBA draft. She goes from a household name to a league where there are no household names. Have a blast.
8) Faith Hill says she won’t sing the Sunday Night Football theme this year. So, I can now turn on the TV RIGHT on the hour as opposed to dodging it. Cool.
9) I proved once again last night that I should not be in the same room as a bottle of Easy Cheese. It didn’t stand a chance.
10) Hey, Tosh.0. Love the new shows and thanks for your hard work. Now, when the hell are you going to release more Brickleberry shows? You are killing me.
11) Alabama will pay their defensive coordinator an expected $1 million to stick around. Yeah, I would think keeping that party together is a good call.
12) I am sending out Rant Squad scouts this afternoon. I am concerned by his lack of popularity at this point, but we need a pipeline too just like everyone else. Brewers Yovani Gallardo blew a .22 after being pulled over. He was cruising close to the ballpark too. You all know the drill. He has one arrest in the books, and now is two stupid acts away from the minimum qualifications for the squad. May the force be with you, bro.
13) I HAD a link here. Damn you, Twentieth Century Fox for taking Family Guy singing “We didn’t the start the fire” by Billy Joel off the internet.
14) Oregon has penalized itself for three years for recruiting violations. How about you all forfeit the UVA game this year, too?
15) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.