Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
I lied about not ranting today. I HAVE to VENT. On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) I am already SO tired hearing about where LeBron is going next year and we are a full year out of decision time. This will make Brett Favre comeback talks look like a mosquito. Thanks to Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Tim Duncan for never changing teams, and for Shaq for just “surprising” us in trades.
2) Buster Posey leads all players in MLB jersey sales? That just seems odd to me.
3) My colleague and good friend, Brian, actually got kicked out of a kickball game and then got the call from the league that he was kicked out of the whole league. That is AWESOME. Don’t go thinking no one is paying attention to batting order in casual, fun kickball. Brian is.
4) The Pats are on a ROLL, and redefining what the “Patriot Way” is. Surgeries, murders, and DUI’s is what is it is presently. CB Alfonso Dennard just got arrested for a DUI. Too bad Dennard and Hernandez weren’t boys.
5) Chauncey Billups will return to the Pistons. THAT is what they needed (spacing and shooting) as opposed to redundant big men, and I assume this is full circle and he will retire from his former championship team.
6) In case you didn’t think this is the era of SEC football, it is. A Florida State player just got his ACC Championship ring. It said “SEC.”
7) Yu Darvish is going to the DL. I am sure he is really hurt, but sometimes I think that this is just the plan to not have them pitch in the ASG.
8) Jeff Teague is going to the Bucks. With Luke Ridnour already on that squad, and no need for lots of short people in basketball, I assume that means you are free to join another team, Brandon Jennings. Teague reinvented himself last year, posting 14 and 7 for the year. He will be more consistent than Jennings perhaps, but his ceiling is MUCH lower.
9) David Ortiz breaks the all time DH hit record. Way to go, Big Papi. This is nice. In a lot of cases, you have old school players break a record limping into it, way past their prime. Ortiz broke the record hitting .331, 19, and 65 at the break.
10) The Yankees have activated Derek Jeter. Perhaps the return of Jeter will squash the overload of stories of A-Rod in minor league ball.
11) One day Kobe is retiring, and the next he is talking extension. Let us know when YOU know.
12) Andrew Bynum’s contract wasn’t as bad as I thought if you think $6 mil is a low number. That is his guaranteed money. So, it is still a risk, but much milder than I thought before the exact numbers came out.
13) I went on Facebook today for the first time in about 4 months at my workplace. What dragged me out? Getting lazy? No. Don’t care? No. I got an email notification about a strand on Lindsey’s page (she went to dentist today) where someone mentioned a Seinfeld reference. I think THAT’S the TOPS!
14) Finally, Snowball apparently wanted Kobe to pass the torch and that is why he left. You might think that your 17 and 12 last year was due to being second fiddle. Funny that I see your career stats are 18 and 13. Most people would be fine with being second fiddle for a couple years on one of the most glamorous franchises playing with one of the best of our generation. You are an idiot, Snowball.
15) That is it. Back to work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.