Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) About the University of Miami trouble, I think that Jim Rome says it best on Twitter: Pretty rich of the NCAA to hit Miami with “lack of institutional control.” Hey pot, meet kettle.
2) It will be interesting how the fallout goes from the death of Jerry Buss. You now have a family on the West Coast with all sorts of internal trouble out of the playoff picture who MADE their fortune on the team that is trying to figure out salary cap issues, and a Russian on the east coast who has more money than anyone and will do anything to win no matter what the cost.
3) This is the dry humor that makes my day: They found about 200 dead crows near Topeka, KS. and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. They had a Bird Pathologist examine the remains of all the crows, & he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone’s relief. However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, & only 2% were killed by an impact with a car. Kansas then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kill. The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always set-up a look-out Crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that all the lookout crows could say “Cah”, but none could say “Truck.”
4) The New York Jets started their salary dump by dropping 5 players, including LB Bart Scott and LB Calvin Pace. This should limit the amount of trash talking between the offense and defense and make sure they both suck.
5) I will get into this more on my next long rant, but what is Tim Tebow THINKING? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21726884/agreeing-to-speak-at-intolerant-church-is-tebows-greatest-sin
6) If you would like to meet possible teams who will make you tear up your bracket a month from now, feel free to tune in to Bracketbuster weekend, which is at week’s end. The big guns are Creighton and St. Mary’s, but take a look at Wichita State, Detroit, Montana, and Murray State as other options.
7) Isiah Thomas says that MJ wasn’t as good as athlete as LeBron. OK, Isiah. You are my all time player for basketball, and people have just started letting go of you trashing the Knicks organization. That being said, you should stay FAR away from microphones. I am not even examining your point. I am just saying you shouldn’t talk in general.
8) Floyd Mayweather not only announced his opponent for May 4th, but also his switch of TV channels. He signed with Showtime, and just gets more rich. It doesn’t matter how much of an ass you are. If you have more than 40 victories with no losses in a violent sport, you can pretty much do what you want.
9) That Indiana-Michigan State game was high quality. With Dick Vitale announcing, it was extra special. Those two both have what it takes to win the whole thing.
10) Although 5 more MLB players were busted for being on the PED Bosch list, the surprise was that Nats Gio Gonzalez was cleared. He simply got legal stuff from a illegal place. Kind of like buying a water gun at a rifle store.
11) Apparently at the All Star Game, Dwight Howard mocked Kobe in the locker room and Kobe dissed Dwight on a “hello.” If they think a girl in the stands is hot, do they pass her a note saying “do you like me/ yes or no?” Grow up, gents.
12) Tiger says that Obama was a pretty decent golfer and then went to prep for the upcoming match play tournament. I LOVE watching match play tournaments.
13) Good luck to Darrell Wallace, Jr., who will be the 4th black driver in the NASCAR series. He is doing the truck series Friday I believe.
14) The Joe Flacco contract talks are this weekend. Whether it is the other QB’s in the league, Flacco, or the Ravens, SOMEONE is going to be pissed.
15) Arsenal loses to Bayern in soccer. You are now updated.
16) Cyclist Tyler Hamilton says he paid $40k a year doping up. Their cheating is quite expensive. I would like to see Lance’s bills as he won like a billion more times than Mr. Hamilton.
17) Hmmmm. Think the Chicago Blackhawks are the team to beat thus far in the NHL. Nice opening streak, guys.
18) Mizzou beat Florida in basketball last night. I think that now completes the thinking Florida can be a #1 seed in the tourney. There aren’t enough good teams in the SEC to make up for that loss I think.
19) Andrew Bynum says that he will play this year coming back from his injury. The Sixers are in the pathetic East, meaning that actually might mean that the 22-29 Sixers might still have playoff ball to play.
20) Victor Oladipo could be the best player on the best team in the nation. And he is not even on the Wooden list. Why don’t you be normal, NCAA basketball, and not pre-select the players before the season?
21) UVA hung with Miami last night and clanked in a 3 pointer with 22 seconds left to tie the game. So, it came down to their highly rated defense. What happens? Wide open layup after a timeout. Non sequitur.
22) That is it. Back to it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.