Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Evening rant because of a busy work day, but have more work to do along with figuring out what I am doing this long weekend with my lady, Lindsey. We will call it a planned on, but probably just KIND of speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) I feel like the Aaron Hernandez is like the Jerry Sandusky scandal. By that I mean this. We got to a point during the process where NOTHING surprised us as far as details. Well, finding out that Hernandez did PCP and THEN carried around guns…just made me move on to the next story.
2) This Denver billboard thing is boring me. I am not bothered by Flacco’s billboard being up. It is a MATCHUP. Super Bowl Champion. I think this town is just bitter. They are. I found out today that the Farmer’s Almanac has predicted snow at the outdoor Super Bowl next year. Guess THAT is just another obstacle for nice weather/ dome liking Peyton Manning. Wouldn’t it be funny if Washington made the final game and RGII and Cousins were hurt? Rex Grossman could have his payback. A lot to ask, but I just wanted to write that line.
2a) Grossman lost the Super Bowl versus Manning back in the day. It is funny because we ALL wonder how GROSSMAN started a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer would also be funny…but HE won.
3) Everyone works on company interdepartmental communication. What I want to know is how did Marlon Byrd get traded the day the day OF Marlon Byrd T-Shirt Night?
4) Do Jeep car keys run out of battery life, or is Eleanor just finding another way to slowly lock me out of the vehicle (only two of four doors work). It is a pain packing for a weekend for the mountains. “No, not THAT door either.”
5) OK. I have to come clean. I had my fantasy football draft. Three rules. No Broncos, no Steelers (I can’t STAND someone saying “throw it to THAT guy on 3rd and inches.” (except I grab Heath Miller every year since he is UVA)), and get the Steelers defense (that at least doesn’t affect what I am rooting for). BUT, Wes Welker has been a key of mine for YEARS. He was staring me in the face. Snagged him. To balance it out, I grabbed Emmanuel Sanders. No, I am not sure how that balances it out. But it IS true.
6) I went my usual RB, RB, WR, WR, QB, TE, WR, RB, D, WR, yada yada yada. I ended up with Michael Vick at QB (Eli is my backup-back off). I guess I AM a believer in this crazy Chip Kelly offense we are about to see ( I WASN’T, but NOW I am). I got Foster and Jackson as my RB’s. VERY happy with those guys.
7) I hope the byes work out. I had too many sheets of paper in front of me. Got confused.
8) My buddy, Scott, is “Bandwagon” as his team name. That is perfect for him. He just surprises you with WHICH bandwagon he is presently on. He should write a blog called “Bandwagon.” My name is One Arm Steve. Panic, baby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbGDIEjlM4
9) Want to get in the mind of Johnny Manziel? ESPN Mag SUCKS on charts, graphs, and stats (I SO miss Sporting News). BUT, they tell it like it is in articles. If you want inside crazy Heisman guy’s head, here you go. http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9521439/heisman-winner-johnny-manziel-celebrity-derail-texas-aggies-season-espn-magazine
10) Victoria Duval beat Sam Stosur at the US Open. VERY impressive any way you look at it.
11) When Peyton Siva first said that Louisville be better THIS year, I thought he had become the basketball version of Case Keenum. Then, I remembered he was just being humble and was in the NBA.
12) The joke was there. FIND it.
13) That is probably why some of my friends say they have no idea what I am talking about in this thing. Sorry. It is funny because…no…can’t do it.
14) I am kind of mad I didn’t snag Eddie Lacy as a third or fourth RB in my draft. Hindsight is 20/20.
15) Landon Donovan just struck a deal with the LA Galaxy. Brett Favre WANTED to play. Landon tries to NOT play.
16) The difference is the state of US Soccer means that there is no pipeline. We need EVERYONE. Hence the patience with Jozy Altidore. All fast guys do track, football, or basketball. No kid is saying “I want to be a US Soccer player.” They SHOULD. Less competition.
17) Hitting his 400th HR this week, Alfonso Soriano is quietly piling up the stats. RAKING.
18) Shane Victorino had 2 HR’s and 7 RBI’s in one game this week. Yeah. The Phils let HIM go but still get to pow wow with Ryan Howard in the clubhouse. No. I am not bitter.
19) If you are reading this blog to find out if RGIII is starting Game 1 of the season, I assume you can just HEAR it in the wind with all of these headlines these days. He is like the likeable version of Tim Tebow…WITH talent of course.
20) Go figure. Scottie Pippen was being investigated. Scottie Pippen made a lot of money. Scottie Pippen is not being investigated anymore. It is like the police version of what I can only assume MJ did with the girls.
21) That was not a total dig. But I once drank with a caddie for the PGA Tour who used to tell me that after a Major WAY back in the day, he heard sometimes they would just line up girls for Jack Nicklaus. The caddie was VERY convincing.
22) I like geometry theorems. So, if it a given that A: Deadspin is the best site ever, and B: Titus Young is an idiot, then you should click on the link ANY time Deadspin writes about Titus Young. http://deadspin.com/titus-young-is-a-disaster-1209430371
23) Clayton Kershaw LOST…to the Cubs. I deserve that for preaching about him in this blog.
24) Pats owner “rooting” for Tebow but Belachick makes final call. I represent the opposite side of that spectrum. Firmly.
25) That Denver base jumping video was LAME. Not that I don’t respect their courage, but he wasn’t even out of the freaking flip before pulling that cord. AND, he landed on the street. I thought the plan was the POOL. That is ONE pool party I have no problem missing. The party would have been a couple blocks over. Geez. Just go off of one of our mountains if you want a rush.
26) I just realized these hooks are all sports related, and I just DID my default Airwolf theme. Ok, I can improvise. Whatever plans Lindsey and I have this weekend, we are striving to make it back for MC Hammer at Civic Center Park Sunday night. He better play his best song BEFORE he was mainstream. Turn this Mutha Out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q2TA2zPtac
27) That is it. Got to go do stuff. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWn question, bro. Peace.