Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Ryan Dempster was suspended 5 games for hitting A-Rod the other night. See? Even MLB doesn’t like A-Rod. If every pitcher knew that their suspension would not even make them miss a start, everyone and their mom would be plunking him. They still might. A-Rod, your stats are tainted, you have lied to us all, you were involved with TWO different cheating companies. Just give up, dude.
2) I don’t care if it was across the ocean. Ichiro is approaching 4,000 hits, and WHEREVER you put your time in, that is badass. Let’s all remember that the dude is a lock for the Hall of Fame in JUST MLB after losing SEVEN years of his career across the pond.
3) Von Miller got the 6 game suspension. Shame. It doesn’t matter HOW you spin it about being ready to be back in top form after the suspension, you still hurt your team, bro. You guys aren’t trying to back into the playoffs. Your team is playing this year to WIN it all. You might have just caused your team home field advantage throughout the playoffs down the road.
4) Yasiel Puig partied all night, didn’t make it on time the next day, got suspended for a game internally, and then hits the go ahead HR the next night when he returns. This guy is talented as heck and all over the place. Cussing out the media. Too cool for school. Can you just put up ONE full quiet season before turning into Ron Artest?
5) I don’t know who is more bored waiting for basketball and football to kick in-me or Bill Simmons. He is not only writing about best uni’s and nicknames in the NBA, but I am reading the articles intently like a lost child at an amusement park.
6) Maybe we should just put A-Rod in a room with Richie Incognito. Days after he provokes the Texans Smith into waving helmets, we find out that Incognito allegedly punched a nightclub security guy before reporting to camp. Throw in all of his previous on field stuff, and I am sure he could do a better job than Dempster on A-Rod.
7) The SEC just announced that A&M and South Carolina will open the season next year. That is GREAT. Can we freaking start THIS season before enticing us with those headlines? Don’t rush us.
8) I randomly got a JC Penney catalog in the mail yesterday. NO idea how I got it. My parents raised me on that store, and although there are more hip stores out there, they are still my go-to when I need a warm St. John’s Bay sweater or Dockers pants.
9) Bill Belichick answered “day to day” when asked if there was any concern about Danny Amendola’s injury. That doesn’t answer the question, shady one.
10) If you are going to get in a fight AND drink AND pretend you know karate, try not to fall on your head on a kick. Cards fan picking on a Cubs fan and flailing. http://deadspin.com/drunk-cardinals-fan-tries-to-kick-cubs-fan-falls-on-ow-1173592481
11) What do you do when you get fired from the Phils and attend your promised events? You go grocery shopping of course.
12) That is it. Lindsey is going out tonight, so I might ramble some more later. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.