Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. Odd feeling today, as the Broncos lost and the Steelers won. The Broncos will be fine…MORE than fine. I think this hiccup just wakes them up a little and doesn’t necessarily indicate a huge problem. Indianapolis is here to stay apparently though, and they announced that Sunday night.
2) I don’t want to put the cart in front of the horse. I don’t, I promise. BUT, I will say this. The Steelers get Oakland next week and then play New England with the chance to move to .500. THEN, they get Cleveland, Detroit, and Buffalo. Very favorable schedule if you ask me. Maybe they will even earn their way back to prime time TV by that New England game so I don’t have to leave the house.
3) Lots of big name injuries. Sam Bradford has to wait until next year to continue to tease us with occasional talent and potential. Reggie Wayne has to miss this year’s ride to the playoffs, and then think about whether he has lost too many steps in his older age. Jay Cutler is out at least 4 weeks with a groin injury, giving Josh McCown more time to show us his perennial backup QB talent. And thoughts and prayers to Jermichael Finley, who had a bad next injury and is still being monitored.
4) Janoris Jenkins, if trash talking king Steve Smith even says you were out of line in chirping during the game, then I believe you probably were.
5) Seriously, Andrew Luck has the loudest freaking voice…like ever.
6) Have we figured out where the Clemson players partied on Friday night? Or, who were the people dressed up as Clemson football players a couple weeks before Halloween?
7) I am now officially sold on Jameis Winston. My only fear is that if he wins the Heisman as a freshman that he might turn into a new version of Johnny Football.
8) He is not retiring fully, but will not be in the dugout. Happy Trails, Jim Leyland. You are sure leaving a full cupboard for whoever takes your post, and thanks for being a manager most players enjoy playing for. Oh, and congrats on somehow pulling that 1997 Marlins World Series win out of nowhere.
9) Nice win by Ole Miss over LSU the other night. Even the players were surprised. I hope those two players carrying around the Gatorade canister eventually found their coach.
10) I picked a good week to swing and miss in one of my fantasy leagues. Foster? Left early. Foles? Left later after doing absolutely nothing all game. Luckily, my adversary decided to score only 70 points this week WITH Peyton Manning. Nice timing.
11) You can write these games off right now as midseason games that may or may not mean something come playoff time. I would say that NO ONE wants to go to the Chiefs loud home crib come playoff time. That place was MADE for playoff football. All of the games are important to avoid going there.
12) The main problem about the Jets taking out the Pats on Sunday is that it raises the possibility of national interviews with Rex Ryan.
13) Say what you would like about either team, but Baltimore-Pittsburgh usually is a close game. 8 of the last 9 have been within 4 points. And that other “one” was a blowout with Pittsburgh losing.
14) Ugghhh. Pittsburgh entered the game ranked #31 in rushing. As Van Halen would say, where have all the good time gone?
15) NCIS is the #1 TV show in the land? Non sequitur. I have watched two episodes in my life. Was NOT impressed at all.
16) I was made aware of the Bengals win right when it happened. One of the largest groupings of their fans I have ever seen were at the place I was hanging at. There had to be at least 6 Bengals fans at the table.
17) Tom Brady getting his team into OT was good and semi-heroic. For those of you who watched that final drive, I couldn’t believe him missing those couple of passes to get in closer. Oh, and then him blowing that first drive in OT was no bueno either. Not his typical stuff.
18) Mike Leach had his QB attempt EIGHTY NINE pass attempts on Saturday against Oregon. Eighty nine. That is monstrous.
19) Every time we try and forget how badass Devin Hester is, he reminds us very loudly. Nice runback, bro.
20) Rory McIlroy got 2nd, and Caroline Wozniacki won her tournament. I guess maybe they DID break up recently. Having more free time locked up their games.
21) As I had to leave my house Sunday afternoon to watch the Steelers, I had to be strategic when selecting my barstool. I played my cards right. I purposely chose a seat between two groups drinking wine, figuring the link between football and wine was rather weak. Both groups were gone in the first quarter of the second round of games.
22) That’s it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.