Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Serena Williams actually dropped a set today in her win at the French. Everyone settle down. Serena is fine, and still cruising along. It is not like her opponent today was a pushover, and clay isn’t even Serena’s best surface to play on. Svetlana Kuznetsova has two singles and two doubles Slam championships. She is nothing to sneeze at to say the least. Serena next plays Sara Errani, who she will roll before taking on the sudden clay sensation Sharapova or Azarenka. It will be a good final as long as one of those two make it.
2) Adrian Peterson says that he would be “ok with a gay teammate.” Make up your mind, and stay away from live mics moving forward in talking about anything but rushing for 2000 yards.
3) Well, I have only predicted the dude to win every Slam except the French for the past freaking two years. You old school people who didn’t skip over tennis hooks KNOW this. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Today, my boy made a dent. He beat Federer in STRAIGHT sets, which is unheard of going against Federer. Tsonga has the goods to take down clay stud David Ferrer before taking on the big boys of Nadal or clay hating but still damn good at it Djokovich. If I am wrong about Nadal winning it again, I SO hope it is Tsonga who takes him down. Focus on Ferrer for now, Tsonga. Ferrer has never been to the top, but almost half of his titles in his career are on clay. First things first.
4) In every sport in the whole world, the #1 seed plays the #4 seed, and #2 goes against #3. Why is the French Open all out of whack and has the 1-3, and 2-4? How long has this been going on? That is goofy.
5) The grass is green, the sky is blue, and Carl Crawford is either underachieving or hurt. He is actually hitting .301 this year, so as of today, amazingly it is just that he is hurt and heading to the DL.
6) The Phillies have this kid named Domonic Brown. Aside from spelling his first name oddly, dude has just hit 8 home runs in 8 games, 9 in the last 10, and 12 in a calendar month. All this while drawing ZERO walks TOTAL, which is crazy weird.
7) I see that Milton Bradley’s life is continuing like his baseball life. He was convicted of abuse today. That anger problem in prison should work WONDERS.
8) UVA advances to the Super Regionals in baseball. One more round and I can actually watch some college baseball.
9) One of my favorite moments every couple weeks is when my ESPN Magazine arrives in my mailbox.
10) Well, I never saw THIS coming. The Bruins provided a nice, similar flipper to the basketball game last night as they steamrolled the Pens in Game 2. Goes to show you. If you have ANY conflict/ disarray at the goaltending position, you will NOT make the full run. See “Philadelphia Flyers” over the last 25 years if you think that is wrong.
11) I watched Seinfeld last night. These pretzels are making me thirsty. Fun episode, and even more fun using the line in real life. At least, I find it fun.
12) Kobe says he will be back for the opener with his injury problems. Hey, Kobe. I don’t care, most other people don’t either, and can you at least wait until after THIS year’s season before giving the world an update?
13) Ex-defensive end Deacon Jones died yesterday. One of the greats of all time. He was part of the mostly unblockable Rams Fearsome Foursome back in the day, made 8 Pro-Bowls, and invented the term “sack.” Since that stat was just being invented, we don’t have the numbers to place him among the best. But, we KNOW he was one of the best.
14) Pacers-Heat. The Heat roll. My random thoughts as always, as you can go to ESPN to get the pure summary. I said yesterday the key to this game is limiting turnovers if you are the Pacers.
-Miami comes out AGGRESIVE. Pacers look like double teaming might be the plan.
-Haslem shoots like I did when I was a kid. Money from the corner. Not as much so from straight on.
-two possessions, two turnovers for the Pacers
-both teams both start out looking a little tight
-In wondering if LeBron would take over, or help others, it is definitely the latter. He is giving up the ball early.
-Wade and Bosh are really active
-LBJ’s first shot…6:56 on the clock. Wow.
-I look at Lance Stephenson and worry about him losing his head. He looks like the classic ex-Bearcat player.
-Pacers fourth turnover at 6:35
-Pacers turnover 5:00
-Pacers turnover 4:21
-Pacers turnover 3:52
-LeBron is on George early, not Stephenson. Good strategy.
-Mike Miller makes an early appearance. Good strategy.
-Wade does a FANCY fast break over the head move. He also has the most points in one quarter for the postseason.
-Andersen FINALLY misses a shot so we can stop talking about his cute little streak.
-It is still semi-close. Pacers have turnovers and are lucky the Heat are shooting it at a 33% clip.
-Ray Allen hits two 3’s. Uhhh ooohhhh.
-Andersen backs away from a post move, making his guy almost fall. That is always funny.
-Nice that LeBron almost injured himself HITTING HIS HEAD ON THE RIM.
-The Pacers are LOSING on points in the paint. Uhhh oooohhhh.
-2:56 Heat up 12.
-Momentary distraction as we see Ernie Johnson yelling at a cop.
-They are attacking Hibbert. Interesting strategy, and it is working.
-This is the ass whipping I feared if the Pacers weren’t ready for the Heat coming out for blood. The Pacers came out with zero smarts and zero intensity.
-What if Danny Granger was healthy?
-I start packing with game as background noise.
15) That is it. Gotta go. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.