Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. Thanks for joining me. I appreciate the readership as always. I do not appreciate the NBA leaking SLEEVED jerseys for the All Star Game. Unless you are a part of the 1985 Georgetown Hoyas, basketball should be played in sleeveless unis.
2) Ask me what one pitcher deserves a ridiculous contract? Clayton Kershaw. He got one. 7/$215 with an opt out after 5 years. Dude is young, coming off a 1.83 ERA season, sports a 2.60 ERA for his career, and I would lock him up.
3) Do you think JR Smith is going to be less exciting or more exciting without a job at some point? How come he isn’t leveraging his untying of shoelaces with Larry Bird back in the day? It is the ONLY time he could put his name and The Hick’s name in one complete sentence. Well, two I guess. I am an idiot who shoots carelessly and he is a HOF’er who didn’t.” Two.
4) Broncos fans are excited for their team. I get it. The game will be fantastic. But, I think they have too many weapons and will win by 10. I think THE game is the San Fran-Seattle game.
5) Wow. When a legend leaves, usually the kids are chomping at the bit for a shot at the job at QB. In Bama, the opposite happened. McCarron leaves and QB Luke Del Rio will transfer. Most likely a lot more to this story than WE will ever know about.
6) Lions WR Calvin Johnson will have surgery on his knee and his finger. When I think about that dude going under the knife, I think of a badass robot going in just to get bolts tightened and joints reinforced. Like a transformer getting fixed. Except for he doesn’t turn into anything when he is not a robot. Or maybe he does. I remember as a kid the GoBots competing for sales with the Transformers. I think I had more GoBots but wanted more Transformers. Where the hell am I going with this?
7) Thoughts and prayers to the family of the Professor from Gilligan’s Island. I never got to ask him if he got to bang BOTH Marianne AND Ginger on the set.
8) I am picturing Joel Anthony at a department store cussing about having to buy warmer clothes.
9) Men At Work premiered for this season last night. Solid episode as usual. It was a little overkill on what’s his name aging, but the rest of the plot kept me laughing. AWESOME show, people. If you are not on the Rules of Engagement or Men At Work bandwagon, you are missing out. Even as a dude, I will say that I pretend not to watch that New Girl show over Lindsey’s shoulder.
10) Traveling for a part work/ part PTO trip. My master packer skills will be tested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwbiE1_EBU
11) Lindsey and I are starting that “put a little money each week away for an end of the year vacation” thing. $1, $2, $3, etc. She was separating it in her banking account, which is WAY not fun. Practical/ smart or not during these times, we are going to keep the cash in a freaking BOX. THAT is fun.
12) A-Rod says this whole banned for a year thing will start a new chapter in his life. I have the name of that chapter, A-Rod. “Stay the $%^& out of the headlines.”
13) Steve Spurrier got a raise to put him in the top ten salaries in college coaching. Sounds about right. I think South Carolina ends up between 4 and 10 in the BCS rankings every freaking year since he has been there and never wins it all or the SEC, so that is aligned just about perfect.
14) This is just…SOMETHING. Two dead, one in hospital…because some dude wanted to get his dropped cell phone back. http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/01/two_dead_in_chicago_after_man.html
15) Surprises every day. The Rays ponied up $14 million to David Price for a year. A) Everyone in baseball is overpaid B) Given A, $14 million is about right for Price C) It is just surprising to see them pay the overpaid prices.
16) Rex Ryan gets an extension with the Jets. I have said it before and I will say it again. A) I despise that man B) Given A, I still think that anyone who got that pathetic squad to .500 is SOME type of genius and/or motivator.
17) I forgot to watch the Sharapova match. Closest audio you can get to porn on the sports channels. Damn.
18) Mark Cuban wants one more fine from David Stern before the February retirement. MUCH more fun if you wouldn’t have told us, Mark. MUCH more.
19) The grass is green, the sky is blue, and a survey just announced that Peyton Manning is the most respected player by other players in the NFL. Dude is just genuine and plain. And drinks Bud Light, which is much more macho than Brady telling Glamour or Redbook or something last year that he drinks margaritas and his favorite female part is her lips.
19a) What FLAVOR of margarita, Tom? HAS to be strawberry or something. Maybe a hyphenated fruity one. Bud Light sounds tougher.
20) I consider reading mock drafts and preseason polls a strong hobby. I did my weekly perusing of the NBA mock draft. People are talking about Wiggins’ lapses from scoring in games and questioning his effort. When he DOES do something, it is magnificent. It is kind of EXACTLY like Harrison Barnes back in the day. People are talking about Embiid going #1. That might happen if Parker continues his ho-hum streak as of recently.
21) Oh, and if you don’t know who Dante Exum is…you WILL.
22) I have had 3 Coke Zero’s and no McDonald’s in 2014. Good, smart eating until some clients today left the office and left behind a full cheese tray. Can’t do that with me around. Can’t.
23) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.