Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. I will be relatively brief today.
2) The last time the Washington Wizards won a second round playoff game was when Cal Ripken was a rookie. Mull that one over, feel bad for their fans over the last 32 years, and tell your friends. They look good. They look hungry. They also have pieces that really fit together quite well. I still don’t think they win the Pacers series, as I truly believe the Pacers will wake up at SOME point. Not totally buying on the Wizards yet. Sorry, Scott.
3) Well, unless a seven footer posts THIS line again.
4) Kevin Durant got almost all the first place votes for MVP. Well deserved. Kind of like we knew Shaq was the most dominant back in the day, we already KNOW LeBron is the best player in the game, but we still have to spread around the award and Durant’s numbers certainly merit it in this case.
5) I am more bothered by where other votes spread around. Ron Tillery from Memphis (homer) actually cast his vote with Mike Conley being in 5th place. How do you go to sleep at night saying Mike Conley is in fifth place for MVP? 17 and 6 is solid. Not MVP like.
6) The Raptors and Casey have agreed to a new deal. Good call. Someone who made Canadians care about basketball again for a series is doing some good work.
7) I bet you Rudy Gay doesn’t even care. He is all about stats and money.
8) See? I knew this would happen. We have a LONG way to go, but I wanted to pick the Clippers all the way, didn’t, and now they have this whole Sterling thing going on. It is best of 7, but if the Clippers play like they did last night, this thing will be much shorter. Thunder need to adjust quickly.
9) You don’t have to like the White Sox, but wow they have perhaps the most exciting young player in the game right now. Jose Abreu is a rookie and swept both player and rookie of the month awards. This kid is pulling a Mike Trout.
10) No offense to the teams involved, but can we just fast forward to the Boston-Pittsburgh NHL series? Get these scrubs out of the way. That will be a great series, with expectations of facing the Blackhawks on the other side. Solid stuff in one of the hardest team sports things to win.
11) Everyone settle down. Roy Williams is NOT going to the Lakers. Do the courtship. Believe what you want. Play the games. He already HAS his dream job, people.
12) I wonder the interview process of being the lawyer for Donald Sterling. That person will be getting PAID.
13) Peyton was really funny talking to Letterman about Omaha. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2052621-peyton-manning-talks-omaha-and-other-pre-snap-routines-on-letterman
14) I have seen this new Kirstie Alley Jenny Craig commercial and I am reminded how much I hate her overall act. Is she irritating only to me, am I in the wrong solely, is she PURPOSELY being irritating and that IS her act? I am confused.
15) I would show you some killer videos from Jazzfest, but I don’t care to know how to record things on my phone, they are on Lindsey’s phone, which means they are on my Facebook page probably, but I am continuing my active streak of not posting anything on Facebook.
16) Finally, and this burns me. Mark Jackson was fired today. Two straight years in the playoffs, a series win, 51-31 record this season, winning in the better conference, and then losing in 7 games when you are undermanned. I know there was internal struggles with assistants, brass, etc. I don’t care if he was cocky. He was getting the job done. I will be rooting against the Warriors unfortunately next year as I hope they bomb for a year with the same cast (they probably won’t I am aware). First Lionel Hollins loses his job in Memphis after winning, and now Jackson gets axed. Hey, you two teams, you are not exactly a dynasty over there. Getting a solid coach is a big step in getting winning. Hate the move. At least we know he has that TV job back if he wants it in a heartbeat.
17) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.