Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Mini Super Bowl journal. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
TWITTER CO-BLOGGER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. I don’t really have a whole lot of time to blog today. So, in interest of time, I am simply posting my noticed events during the first half of the Super Bowl. As always, very random.
2) He IS a legend, but is anyone else thinking after his stray coin flip this year and drunken interview a couple years ago, that we need to investigate more indirect and subtle ways of allowing Joe Namath to be involved?
3) Someone, somewhere won SOMETHING on that early safety, right? We already know who lost-that furniture store in TX that gave away $7 million of stuff because the owner has a little gambling blood in him and his flipped coin ended up the wrong way.
4) It was noticed that there was a definitive increase in noise from past year’s Super Bowls. You can spin it about the teams all you want. Bottom line is this. You have just enough rich people who will pass sitting outside to allow a lot more Jersey peeps and New Yorkers. That, my friend, is all the sound you will need.
5) Was it wishful thinking or did I detect that the “man and his truck” commercials were making fun of themselves? Maybe I am just wishing.
6) So, the Broncos laying an egg for the big game basically pushed me back to fourth in my fantasy football pool. Last person in the money, and I still netted something, but dammit, not the amount I was hoping for.
7) How did we survive without the yellow line in football indicating where the first down is?
8) If there was one QB who I thought could turn around the early negative occurrences, it would be Peyton Manning. I was way wrong. I NEVER saw that butt kicking happening.
9) I now have new reasons galore to be somewhat anti-Broncos. Thanks.
10) My colleague, Kaytie, brought over a plate of deviled eggs. Note that I DID ask before eating those last 4-5. I can’t help it you both just wanted one each.
11) Did you all notice that they had a “sounds of the game” segment where no one talked at all?
12) When it was 15-0, we all knew they were one score from caring ONLY about the commercials.
13) I did like the GoDaddy commercial with my Rounders guy in it, and the Tebow commercials did make me laugh.
14) In between those commercials, it was pretty much waiting for the random guy in the Bud Light commercials.
15) Wait. Mark Wahlberg is going to be in the new Transformers? I never hear anything before everyone else knows it..
16) Ozzy Osbourne will be on a deathbed somewhere and still receiving LOTS of royalty checks for Crazy Train being played at games. I don’t know exactly how it works, but he has to get something, right?
17) I am not the most hip person, and I guess I wrote them off to just other singers, but I did not know Bruno Mars was the singer in those other songs. No idea. Kind of badass he started on the drums.
18) And the RHCP were good and as expected I thought.
19) And it was about 10 minutes after RHCP that I stopped writing things down as it was 29-0.
20) In the second half, the main focus was trying to get something clever on one’s chosen social media platform.
21) And we learned a lot about the New Jersey transit system.
22) Lindsey and Kaytie were trying to talk me into changing the channel from the Super Bowl. Made sense in a way, but it is the Super Bowl and it is like watching a bad movie. Once I have invested myself, I am at least watching the whole thing ONCE.
23) How (or why) did Eric Decker announce his desire for free agency DURING the freaking game?
24) I don’t remember ever seeing a Maserati commercial-at least in the last ten years. When did those guys get back into the commercial machine?
25) I see that the show 24 is coming back. I started too late to catch up last time. Can they just have one summary episode for us people who want in but don’t feel like catching all of those other seasons?
26) UVA beat Pitt earlier on Super Bowl day. 8-1 now are my Wahoos, with two very winnable games vs. Georgia Tech and Boston College coming up.
27) Hey, Stevie Clark. Oklahoma State is already know as a bunch of shady characters, but you getting arrested twice already in 2014 makes me think you had different New Year’s resolutions than the rest of your teammates.
28) Everyone know the Suns are a great story this year. Their youth is off the charts. I know they are pursuing Gasol, and it might be a great pickup, but don’t jeopardize any players who have helped you get to where you are now by getting him. No one is totally sure Gasol still has it a anyway.
29) Not saying it is a deal breaker, and not saying Cal wasn’t a trap game, but if you think losing Brandon Ashley is not a huge blow for the Wildcats, think again.
30) IU took down Michigan this weekend, and if you know who Michigan is outside of being “dangerous,” drop me a line.
31) Warren Sapp apologized to Michael Strahan. Good move. You are an analyst for a major network and can’t be Charles Barkley and get away with that type of stuff.
32) And not saying I think Barkley is out of line. He somehow pulls it off.
33) Travis Bader is going to be a great trivia question answer 20 years from now.
34) Booking travel is always a little easier after a few drinks. Less painful.
35) David Beckham is close to a Miami soccer deal. I guess that answers my question about whether they have a team or not.
36) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
36a) This was not my best rant. Sorry. Just getting one out and aware that I didn’t exactly bring it today.