Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Afternoon speed rant. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Let’s get to it. Speed version. First of all, in previous readings of the NFL rules, I missed the explanation about how holding=illegal, but hugging a guy=legal.
2) Regardless, the Panthers showed they are here to stay. Cam Newton showed he is about to go to the next level. And that is a defense NO one wants a part of in the playoffs I can tell you.
3) That defense COULD have picked up a few more fumbles or interceptions for my fantasy team though.
4) I went to the YMCA yesterday. The woman at the front desk had told me it was “boxing candy land.” Ummm. Times TEN. I expected 6 total boxing bags. The guy had like 6 of each TYPE of bag. I am sold. Switching gyms as soon as contract allows. That place is my new home.
5) It is all a bunch of crap, but is it wrong that I can see Richie Incognito’s point about NOT being told exactly why he is off the team? Whether the Code Red occurred or not, nothing is proven and he should not be allowed to play just because he is involved in a possibly true story. Gotta tell him why, Fins.
6) The Giants signed Tim Hudson. If he can find any gas left in his tank, and if Lincecum can be 80% of what he was a couple years ago, that rotation is downright dirty.
7) A golf pro fessed up to the Tim Tebow billboards. Someone ask him if he was serious or if he was being sarcastic. The first tells me something is wrong with him, and the second makes me want to have a beer with him.
8) Interim coach Ed Orgeron has said he wants the USC job. That is great, and he is doing well, but shouldn’t he wait until one of those jobs a state north opens up?
9) Because of his name.
10) And Oregon. Ugghhh.
11) I think the ESPN Top Ten club commercial is really, really funny. It’s no Oregon (since my mind is on that state evidently) Duck commercial where the duck sighs when looking at other ducks outside at a lake, but it is still funny.
12) Michigan State basketball won their game against Portland. It is their first win as a #1 team since 2000 or 2001, depending on whether you got the story from Fox Sports or ESPN. They were off for a few hours yesterday.
13) Ray Lewis showing us in pregame why Gronk is so tough to cover and STILL busting out a crack on the new hitting rules was kind of funny.
14) Not to be outdone by Ohio State’s Michael Jackson tribute, the Clemson band did a Nintendo tribute. Pretty cool, but the moonwalk still was incredible. Here is Clemson’s. http://deadspin.com/clemson-marching-bands-nintendo-themed-performance-is-1467050227
15) If you watched Belichick’s postgame interview last night, you know what I am talking about. I can’t figure out if Popovich is a funny Belichick, or whether Belichick is a not funny Pop.
16) I have, in my backpack, a coupon for $100 off Direct TV if you want to sign up. I get $100 too. Come on. Let’s do it and throw a Direct TV savings party.
17) Len Bias would have turned 50 yesterday. We will never know how things would have changed had he made it past that bad night after being drafted. He would have been on the Celtics. He would have played with Larry Bird. THAT might have changed those late 80’s a little. I am proud to say that shortly before his death, he attended a basketball camp in Millersville, PA, which I was at as a kid. I STILL have the signed shoe that I carried through the rain back to the dorm.
18) I asked about our work’s internet speed to my colleague, Cerk, yesterday afternoon. Ponto, who gets email notifications when I release a blog, immediately said “You are on your own in fixing it, big boy!” That is funny.
19) Funnier if you read that in my blog the day yesterday.
20) The Portland Trailblazers are hot right now, winning 7 straight. Read my blog at the beginning of the season. Sure, they haven’t played any real heavyweights in their schedule, but they are definitely a possible 7 or 8 seed in the West. Wait. This is crazy. Portland is in Oregon. I didn’t mean to do that. Swear.
21) Shaq is marketing his new vodka as gluten free. Isn’t almost ALL vodka gluten free? Not really creating a niche, Shaq…
22) Since I have somehow made this rant Oregon based, their 2-0 basketball squad plays Utah Valley tonight, which will tell us exactly nothing new about their team.
23) At least Stanford saved us from some smaller, faster gimmick team getting overpowered by an SEC team or Ohio State in the BCS Championship.
24) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.