Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Too much to do at work today to blog. Friday evening. Ultimate speed version. Monster one this weekend. I have 30 minutes to write and post. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Someone trick Bud Selig and say he said January 2014 to retire. He is old. You never know if we can fool him.
2) Speaking of people who up a digit that shouldn’t be upped. Robinson Cano wants $305 million. Downgrade that “3” to a “2” and we are ballpark…no pun intended.
3) Logan would like everyone to know that with Mike Glennon starting for the Bucs, that there are THREE NC State alum starting at QB in the NFL. I remember when Virginia also had three starting QB’s in the NFL. We also sucked at that time as a program overall. Logan is hilarious and knowledgeable. Check him out. @Logesmadoges
4) Note to self. Don’t go to a Giants/ Dodgers game with the other team’s gear. In Philly, the fans just scared the shit out of you and any kids you might have with you. Out west, they evidently bring a knife to the game. Scary stuff. That is not what sports rivalries are about.
5) Anyone else think it is odd that the passive, peaceful city of San Fran has ANYTHING to do with this?
6) PJ Hairston can only “practice” for now. Correct me if I am wrong. That is what pretty much EVERYONE is doing for now. Way to lay down the law, North Carolina. I suppose we should expect the announcement of his reinstatement right before midnight madness?
7) I am a Steelers fan who is depressed these days. I actually wish Christian Ponder was healthy. I am more scared of former NFL starter Matt Cassel starting this London game.
8) At least I can watch them from home for the third week in a row on national TV and save money and the sad walk home.
9) Lindsey actually asked me if I wanted extra cheese on a pizza she was making. And I thought we knew each other. I could feasibly put cheese in my Cheerios and be happy.
10) Cool story coming next rant about my mom. No time tonight.
11) Of course I was lobbying to pick the Niners last night on the road in my losers pool and just get it out of the way. And of course they looked like the Niners I expected them to look like at some point. I could be stress free right now.
12) Seriously, I have said it before and I will say it again. I don’t want ALL the Jedi powers. That is selfish. I just want to be able to have the TV remote come through the air to my hand when I have set up camp with my laptop and Lindsey is in the kitchen.
12a) You know. That is the animal where he gets his lightsaber using the force. Remote control…remote control. Moving on.
13) I suck at golf. Company outing tomorrow. I am playing. I really can’t turn down playing a $70 course for $20. I am ready to hack Fossil Trace UP.
14) Did anyone else notice in that Oracle miracle sailing comeback against New Zealand that almost every single person on the “US” squad was born in Australia or New Zealand? Let’s work the same magic in soccer. There has to be a loophole.
15) Dammit. No time to look over college football lines. I am actually good at it as long as I am just a consultant. Until next week…sorry.
16) Fifteen hooks in 10 minutes. On pace.
17) PLEASE read this weekend’s rant for some killer Deadspin links. I have some good stuff coming up this weekend. GOOD stuff. Here is a tease. Metta World Peace (Rant Squad member) proclaimed he would rather personally eat his own hand than have his penis cut off. I didn’t research what triggered this odd ultimatum, but damn he is classic.
18) Ok. I will give you one. Check out this masterful proposal picture with an old lady giving us the bird. That couple will enjoy that photo for years.
19) Nice free kick attempt last night though. Last attempt I remember was Doug Flutie. Failed attempt, and no one knows what the hell is going on when it happens, but it is still so fun.
20) Seriously, these Thursday NFL football games are killing me. I seriously want the middle of the NFL season to enjoy decent college games on that night. Plus, aligning my fantasy football teams midweek SUCKS.
21) Yay. Seinfeld episode on now is “The Seven.” Boom goes the dynamite.
22) Ben, that video you sent me is CREEPY. More on that this weekend.
23) I was flipping through the channels and saw Arsenio Hall on the tube. The dude must have run out of ALL his money. Came back with the same show AND looks like he can’t even afford a Soloflex.
24) I am thinking that Tiger pretended like he was happy for his PGA Player of the Year trophy and then went home and smashed Lindsey Vonn’s (are they still going out???) car window with it.
25) The funny thing about the seven Seinfeld commercial is that Soda is one of his recommendations for a baby name. My dog was Pepsi.
26) Ed Reed says that this weekend’s Seattle/ Houston matchup could be the Super Bowl preview. Ed, that is great. ONE of you has snuck out two wins and gotten destroyed in another game, while the OTHER has looked solid in all three. Hint. Your team is the former.
27) DeMarcus Cousins was re-upped until 2018. As a Rant Squad member, I was hoping he could go to NYC or Miami or somewhere that had real trouble for him, but at least now we know there will be more pushes to sell the team. He is an idiot. Only solution I can think of is this. Shaqamento sat his ass down and said he would kick his ass if he misbehaved.
28) That is it. Beat the time. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a clown question, bro.
29) Just a tagline. I am golfing tomorrow, and probably shouldn’t rant after that. I will talk to you Sunday once the Steelers start falling behind and I am saddened and angry.