Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. SUPER speed version of the Rant.
Let’s turn and burn.
1) Ravens Cary Williams needs to settle down very quickly. He shoved a ref in the Super Bowl, which luckily for him didn’t cost them the game even though he should have been penalized. Now, he is calling the Niners “fake tough guys.” Is he planning on retiring, or does he not remember there is another season coming up when he might have to face them again?
2) Dwight Howard says he is avoiding the “circus.” Dwight, if you are not the center of the circus, you are close by.
3) I like the term “Dwightmare.”
4) Blake Griffin misses a game to end his 197 games played streak. Considering he missed his entire first season to injury and sent injury doubts throughout the organization, I would say the Clippers are OK with him missing one or two games.
5) Joe Flacco does Letterman, and says cleverly that he is a “Raven for life” while still getting in some dialogue about his contract numbers/ years.
6) The Ravens “misplaced” the Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl before their party. We were SO close to a great story.
7) Dibs to Knicks Tyson Chandler, who just chipped in his THIRD straight 20 rebound plus game. Great article in ESPN Mag about the Knicks and the effect of the three pointer by the way.
8) LeBron missed ONE shot last night in another stellar stat line. He only took 14 shots. That is just what the league needs. LeBron to get even SMARTER in shot collection. He was ALREADY a badass.
9) We are now calling Joe Flacco “Joe Cool?” Ugghhh.
10) I still don’t know why I should be impressed by two hour appointment windows by Comcast.
11) I still write my bills on checks. I like to feel the pain of losing money. A click just doesn’t do that.
12) Kansas basketball has THREE 5th year seniors. That experience could take them to the promised land.
13) An Auburn recruit who got an Auburn tattoo just signed with Alabama. Talk about straddling the fence…
14) Thoughts and prayers to the health and future of skier Lindsey Vonn, who was airlifted today.
15) Doc Rivers dismisses the trade rumors with Kevin Garnett. This would bury it, except that he doesn’t make personnel decisions. It is a business.
16) That is it. Speed version complete. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.