Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. SUPER speed hook version today before the long Saturday rant.
Let’s turn and burn…
1) King Felix gets 5 years, $135 million from the Mariners. Compared to what other pitchers are getting paid, this sounds about right. Was there a promise on the signed contract to actually bring in talent so he could not be the guy throwing a sub 3.0 ERA and losing games he should win?
2) I actually go through a Coke Zero depression when the can is done. Seriously, Coke Zero people, call me. I wouldn’t even have to act in the commercial. I can just act normal.
3) I caught the end of a Bill Walton announcing telecast. Unfortunately, all I got was “listen to the fans rise as ONE.” You go, Bill.
4) Kevin Garnett wants to retire a Celtic. Danny Ainge has said he plans on keeping both Pierce and Garnett. Hey. They have won 6 straight. Why not? Instead of a Eastern Conference Finals matchup with Miami, we can get a FIRST round matchup of the two teams.
5) In my FAVORITE stat of the week that you can tell your friends if you are impressed as I am, Illinois beat #1 Indiana and IMPROVED to 3-7 in the Big Ten Conference. What is crazy is THIS. Their RPI is still #32. RPI is the final say usually when deciding on teams for the tournament. Plus, that RPI might allow them to bypass the other usual need for a tourney team-being .500 or better in conference ball. That is NUTS. It is both a complement to their early wins against Gonzaga and Butler, and also to the strength of the Big Ten.
6) I guess you Indiana coaches didn’t see THAT inbounds pass on your game film, correct? EASY winning shot…
7) After extensive research and investigation, they figured out the problem with the Super Bowl blackout was a “failure of a device.” Thanks for clearing THAT up, guys. By the way, people have been talking about if this hurts the chances of future Super Bowls in New Orleans. If you have ever been to New Orleans, you know that they might bring in extra electricians next time, but Super Bowls will go on as normal in the Big Easy. Fantastic town.
8) I just laughed out loud, because The Burn episode the other night called Demi Moore the Big Easy.
9) The Denver Nuggets are on fire. They are playing completely as a team and the chemistry is getting even better. You can break it down any way you want, but I think the addition of Wilson Chandler makes them SO much better.
10) In case there was a flicker of hope that NC State still might win the ACC, Duke answers. The fact that they smoked them like they did WITHOUT Ryan Kelly is scary. I am not sure who it is scary for between the two teams.
11) Vikings MVP Adrian Peterson has a sports hernia. Ummm. Considering what he did after that disastrous knee injury, I don’t think you will be able to find one person out there who doesn’t think he can make it back to the field 100%.
12) I hear there is a Boozer-Bargnani deal brewing. I grasp the concept of the trade, but I kind of would like to see Boozer play with Derrick Rose again before changing things up.
13) The Dwightmare fires back at Kobe with the media. NOW I get it. He was probably just as much as a problem in Orlando-he just wasn’t in the big city spotlight. I say trade the Dwightmare to Milwaukee. He can watch reruns of Laverne and Shirley. Let him be the Milwaukee version of Chris Bosh in Toronto pre Miami. Oh wait. That Gasol injury really tosses out that idea.
14) That is it. I got to go before Lindsey thinks that I got going on a Friday night long rant. I hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Tomorrow is the monster rant. Peace.