Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Let’s start with a picture, as this is SO cool. I remember seeing Bob Weir and Friends back in the day with full view of the mountains in the background at Fiddler’s Green in Devner. A lightning storm started while they were playing Shakedown Street. They stopped MID song and went into Fire On the Mountain. Awesome. Legendary timing. Usain Bolt winning a race with a bolt in the background.
2) Cowboys WR Dez Bryant is offended by how the NCAA is handling this Johnny Football thing. Listen, bro. You missed your last 10 college games because you are a head case, you couldn’t pull up your pants in a mall, and your moth…..erhhhh…ummm….you have family issues. Walk away from the microphone.
3) Former NFL DL Travis Johnson says that Tony Romo’s salary makes him a thief. Who are you again, Travis? Tony is probably overpaid, but I don’t need YOU telling me that. See the last hook about Dez when microphones come into view.
4) I expected two quotes on the wire in August and now have gotten both. “RG III says there are no conflicts between Shanahan and him.” “Rangers release Manny Ramirez.” Done and done.
5) The problem about this tweet is that his image is such that a butt tweet might not be the most obvious answer. Maybe he was overloaded with thoughts at Hooters. Maybe A-Rod just walked in. We don’t know.
6) The fact that the door mats of the AFC North, Cleveland Browns (sorry, Ben), seemingly have been drafting and picking up QB’s for years, and STILL have not named an established starter again this year…is just downright scary.
7) I don’t think I have ever won a good prize in a raffle. Well, even though it was only about 15 people in the drawing, I still pulled a 32” TV today at work. I can now accidentally start building my football watching area without further investment. Yay. Or maybe I will put some digital signage in my home for internal communication. Prominent events in the household coming up. Television. Images or maps of our apartment. Weather updates. A scrolling ESPN feed. Birthdays of the families of Lindsey and I. And on and on. I can work around digital signage AND be home with digital signage. Drinking the Kool Aid. Yay again.
8) ESPN’s wire yesterday had “Stephens stuns Sharapova in 2nd round.” I am CONFUSED. Sure, she doesn’t have a big win yet, but I am pretty sure everyone and their mother knows about Sloane Stephens at this point.
9) Ok. You tennis haters might not, but just know she is GOOD. And young.
10) Texans JJ Watt wants to play offense in goal line situations. I think this is a good idea in certain situations. Him batting down balls right and left already have proved his reactions, hands, and ups. And let’s not forget he played WHAT position when entering college. Tight end.
11) James Harrison might not like Hard Knocks in his own team’s camp, but complaining to the media is barking up the wrong tree. Your OWN management decided your team was on that show. Howling at the moon, bro.
12) Donovan McNabb says RG III is brainwashed in DC. Ok, Dr. Lector. Quid pro quo. YOU are brainwashed in thinking that we actually care what you think or say. Is it me, people, or does he carry himself like he actually WON a Super Bowl? You irritate me, McNabb.
13) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.