Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) The MLB All Star Game was actually a pretty good game. Any time you 3 hit the best hitters in the National League, I would say you pitched pretty darn good. Leyland obviously was going to go balls to the wall as Sale was warming up in the bullpen about 5 minutes into Scherzer’s start. Jim was keeping his players rested, wanted home field advantage for possibly his Tigers in the WS, and was going to rely on the 700 relievers he had on the squad to close out a lead.
2) I hope everyone from the Yankees is OK after almost having a heart attack when Robinson Cano got hit by a pitch in the first inning.
3) Classy that a fan decided to run on the field just because he got 1000 retweets on his dare tweet. As Dennis Leary once said, you gotta have goals, right?
4) That one handed double play by Brandon Phillips right AFTER they talked about his one knee double play during the season was SICK.
5) The Miami Heat used amnesty on Mike Miller. Not surprising overall. They are like an eagle’s nest with a HELL of a lot of eaglets staring at the sky with their mouth open. He will obviously get picked up by someone needing a sniper.
6) This Muschamp-Meyer media feud is fun. YOUR turn, Urban.
7) The MLB bans won’t come down in 2013. Must be someone REALLY big going down that might hurt ratings.
8) You know the AL had a pretty awesome lineup when Bryce Harper is batting 9th.
9) I am convinced I can jog about 40% farther with Rocky music playing. Last night, I ran, was walking back from the park, Gonna Fly Now came on my iPod, and I decided to jog the rest of the way home while hurting already and sweating profusely.
10) YES. Lolo Jones is back in the news. She got into a club fight at a team event with the stepdaughter of a bobsled Hall of Famer. You are not choosing your opponents very wisely, Lolo.
11) Amazing that Nike can be as big as it is, and they STILL release a shirt for the Carolina Panthers overlaying the state of South Carolina. Your QA department must be the tops.
12) The shirt debacle obviously didn’t bother Nike in signing a new deal with Tiger Woods. Amazing, isn’t it, what success does for you? You can stand on any side of the fence you want, but Tiger’s horrible acts seem SO long ago now. He wins the British, and they will be pretty much obsolete except for the silent stubborn. It is what it is, and now he is paid once again.
13) I noticed Chevy’s new theme song is some country song saying “he’s strong.” You guys are either working some serious overtime developing that idea, or have figured out the masses don’t like to be confused and big truck people will always exist.
14) Speaking of South Carolina, Jadeveon Clowney says QB’s are scared of him this year already. My first thought was to tell him to be quiet and let his actions speak to us from the field. But, in this case, I am of an altered view. He HAS to create a media presence. He HAS to be on the radar. There isn’t any other way a non returning kicks defensive player will win the thing. Brilliant, I say.
15) The U.S. beat Costa Rica 1-0 in Gold Cup competition. Glad to have you back, Landon. He had the assist.
16) Dodgers phenom Yasiel Puig didn’t seem to upset at being snubbed for the All Star Game while he was partying with Snoop at the Playboy Mansion.
17) I would love to comment on the Agnieszka Radwanska nude photos in ESPN Mag, but my change of address hasn’t kicked in at Lindsey’s place yet. I have read my present ESPN twice. I even read an article on NASCAR.
18) Packer’s execs are saying that Brett Favre’s jersey will be retired, but not yet. I had a comment on this, but now am just picturing that scene from Gladiator. “You will see her again, but not yet.” That movie is so badass.
19) In case you were curious where they are now, Ron Zook, ex-head coach of big time schools Illinois and Florida, works at a bank presently. Thanks, Deadspin, as always.
20) One other Deadspin article. I always WONDERED about dodging lasers. http://kotaku.com/navigating-a-maze-of-real-lasers-is-harder-than-youd-t-802028820
21) Seriously, I did wonder about that. I know it is hard to get past my constant sarcasm.
22) They finally have tobacco MUSTARD???? Boom goes the dynamite. It must have been that genius who brought along the bacon provolone spaghetti sauce that I am presently addicted to.
23) Good planning, Lindsey. She goes to a fun mountain lake adventure with friends this weekend, meaning she dodges the estimated 10 hours combined of early morning British Open golf I plan to watch. THAT is brilliant.
24) Sources say the Lakers are eyeing LeBron and/ or Melo next year in the madness that is going to be simply one of the most talented free agency classes in the last 15 or so years.
25) Johnny Manziel says he will live life to its fullest and that he simply overslept his Manning Camp appearance. Translation: you were hungover. Solution: make up better stories. Either be a drunk and tell better lies, or just be GOOD, dammit, and make your appointments. If you struggle at ALL this year on the field, don’t think every fun picture of you on Twitter at a huge party won’t be magnified 100%. You better be setting the table for a HUGE season, because everyone and their mother knows when you are NOT practicing.
26) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.