Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) As the dust settles on Phil’s Open win yesterday, congrats once again to him for a fantastic performance. It was a 66 in conditions where only ONE other guy really got anything close to a streak (Poulter). I can name years like 1986 with Nicklaus, 1997 Masters with Tiger, 2000 US Open with Tiger, and other years where the overall experience for me viewing might have been better, but I still have to give it to him. We see so many golf tournaments won where someone sort of backs into the win…where no one seems to WANT it. This year’s Open was not that. It was someone stepping up and TAKING the Jug away from the others while they looked confused and befuddled about what was happening. Amazing.
2) Seriously though, Phil. There HAS to be a better way for you to celebrate. Your fists in the air just looks awkward.
3) In case you believed that Serena’s reign might be ending after her Wimbledon, note that she won another title this weekend as everyone prepares for the US Open.
4) Classic headline. “Gators LB arrested for barking at police dog.” Antonio Morrison is trying out for my Rant Squad evidently. Him talking shit to a canine comes shortly after him getting in trouble with a bouncer for not giving a Gator football player a discounted cover. Antonio has bad timing. He is replacing Jon Bostic as a starter on a very good football team. His future is GREAT assuming he is not a knucklehead and works hard. Now this. This is bad timing for his coach, too. Muschamp just came out saying that the coach is 100% responsible for what their players do when not playing football.
5) So, the first thing you would think would be that Urban Meyer would chirp in on this story since him and Muschamp are talking trash to each other. He didn’t have a chance. Urban had to wake up and release him OWN player, RB Carlos Hyde, from the team because of off the field issues. Both kids pretty much blew it.
6) Lindsey made me a sandwich with the following items yesterday that was plain old ridiculous. Roast beef, horseradish cheddar, tobacco mustard, bacon, tomato, onion, and Cheez Whiz.
7) The Marlins roll into their game with the Rockies without scoring one run in FOUR games. They are glad at least they get to play in thin air.
8) Jaromir Jagr continued his past his prime tour, signing with the Devils today to a one year deal. This will motivate Martin Brodeur as now someone is around who will get his 80’s jokes.
9) Lindsey and I went to see Despicable Me II yesterday. Worth seeing, especially if you really liked the first one. A bad guy turns the minions into an evil army, and our main guy likes a girl.
10) The US soccer team got past El Salvador pretty easily yesterday. We are now down to four teams in the Gold Cup. I think the US and Mexico advance, and I will definitely try to catch that final game. It will be a true MEASURING game as we head into the last year before the World Cup.
11) Things may get better. That being said, being sent to Dr. Andrews for ANYTHING is not a good sign that things are good right now. Good luck, Red Sox P Clay Buchholz.
12) Before going on a roller coaster, you are damn right I am going to double, triple, and quadruple my safety thing…just so things like THIS don’t happen. http://wgntv.com/2013/07/21/woman-dies-on-the-texas-giant-roller-coaster-at-six-flags-over-texas/
13) Since the roller coaster says it is the steepest one out there, I thought I would check into it on my own. THIS one would be the steepest one, and that is one crazy first drop. Seriously. Look on the right side near the top.
14) I thought my tweet this morning was pretty funny. “When MJ got older, he developed a fade away jumper to counter any step he lost. Following suit, Tiger also now has a fade away for Majors.”
15) Things really do happen in 3’s. Two executives down, it appears that Broncos LB Von Miller will be facing a four game suspension to start the season. This isn’t the end of the world for them, but it does hurt slightly on a few levels. Not that it helped last year, but you still WANT home field advantage. Brady and company are down a couple tight ends, fans are still memorizing the new players starting for the Ravens, the Texans are the underachieving Texans, and no one is really sure who will be running the ball in Pittsburgh, but you STILL want to play at home…and missing your defensive stud for the opening four weeks isn’t good. On a personal note, this would kind of dent your All Pro chances this year too.
16) That is it. Gotta go. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.