Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) It isn’t red. It isn’t methodical. He has already proven he can win outside of the one that he OWNS. I wasn’t too surprised that Nadal bowed out early today (lost to the 135th ranked player) from Wimbeldon. No one should be. We should be more surprised that as rough as he has looked the last two years (he went out to the 100th ranked player in second round last year), that he already has won TWO of these things. Nothing to prove, and the clay is his baby. Seriously, I guess he could suck it up and try to win some more things, but he is his own person. If you look at his resume, he CAN lose early when he wants. He has one Australian. He has a million French Opens. He has two Wimbledons. He has one US Open. You throw in a couple Davis Cup championships and an Olympic Gold, and who can rag on him? Anyway, I am sure he will enjoy the rest of his English vacation, he will give a semi-solid effort on the hard courts in New York, but aside from that, it is just chilling until the next French Open.
2) There is a part of me glad that my colleague Bob didn’t bring me bacon jerky today. That stuff is wicked good, but I assume it can’t be too good for you.
3) Idiot of the week thus far? Rushel Shell of…nowhere. The RB was a top flight recruit coming into his first year at Pitt. He rushed for the second highest yards on the team his first go, said he needed time away earlier this year, and then announced he was transferring to UCLA. Then, after looking at a map evidently or making the trip, he now wants back in Pitt’s doors as the distance was too hard since he has two Pennsylvania based TWIN DAUGHTERS. Pitt’s coaches said no. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. We know Robert Morris has a basketball team from their team’s play in the NCAA tourney. I have a feeling Rushel is figuring out whether they also have a football team.
4) Who names their kid a name that ends with the same four letters that the last name begins with?
5) Great. Now my mind is all over the Seinfeld Rochelle, Rochelle.
6) Isn’t the hockey season usually done a week or so before the NBA playoffs? It feels like the same time frame relatively, but the strike must have pushed it back a bit.
7) This looks fun if you don’t feel like squeezing a group onto the busy weekend golf course. Irish Road Bowling. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324634304578537950707359438.html
8) So, it is official. The Clippers pull Doc Rivers as their coach and only had to give up a draft pick…in 2015. Great deal, expect Chris Paul to sign whenever they are allowed to sign, and look for them to be active on draft night knowing they might be putting the finishing touches on a CONTENDER.
9) I want this Williams-Sharapova media fight to continue. I need more shots at dropping the Seinfeld “cat fight” reference.
10) So, today all of the officers went to the LAKE. Police searched a lake/ pond near Aaron Hernandez’s house. I know Tom Brady might not be enjoying this, but this whole thing has become fun. If he gets off free, he gains immediate access to the official Rant Squad. I will have Marcus Vick come pick you up drunk with guns.
11) Lindsey and her roommates watch True Blood religiously. As I played with my new Droid gift, I think the only thing I passively learned is that there are things called Shifters.
12) Martin Truex Jr. won his first race in 218 tries this past week in Sprint Cup. He now has enough time to get his lady pregnant, have the kid, and get through the pre-kindergarten years before needing to celebrate another one. Get going, Martin.
13) I am SO ready to go home after the gym and watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Boston takes this one, although the REAL excitement will be just the PRESENCE of the Stanley Cup in the house. Best trophy in sports.
14) SO excited. The NBA draft is Thursday night. I LOVE this thing and am in the grouping that DOES recognize every single name on the lists. Anyway, my thoughts for the day. The Cavs are bluffing on Alex Len. Smoke and mirrors. He is a solid player, but if they are so impressed by him, they should know they can trade DOWN a couple spots and get him AND pay him less. One of my favorite little hobbies is chasing mock drafts and trade rumors. I find it HIGHLY entertaining. Anyway, here is the deal. Believe what you want. I think Danny Granger is GONE (Paul George there makes him redundant), either Paul Pierce and/ or Kevin Garnett are OUT of there, and the Cavs and Dallas Mavericks will be active SOMEHOW.
15) That is it. Gotta go. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.