Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) That wind that is occupying your area of the country is just the fallout from the collective sigh in the Boston area after finding out the MRI was negative on Brady’s knee. At least it gives Belichick another injury to allude to each week when announcing Brady is “probable” for fantasy owners. I believe he rode the “sore shoulder” for at least two years of Brady’s career.
2) It said here a WHILE back I had NO idea why Jozy Altidore was not on the national soccer team. Nice second half hat trick yesterday, Jozy. Boom goes the dynamite.
3) Logan, I can’t watch soccer at work, and it was a FRIENDLY at that. Excitement about soccer is good. Excitement about friendly’s is pushing it as far as I go.
4) BRUTAL. Rex Ryan spelled it out about Geno Smith’s 3 INT’s yesterday. Mark Sanchez evidently went out and celebrated, got wasted, woke up hungover, and threw 3 INT’s himself today.
5) I don’t know if that happened. I just think it would be very Sanchez-like if he did.
6) Texas A&M severely restricted their upcoming autograph signing day. Way to go, Johnny Football. Not only do you give Florida something to laugh at you about (the joke is because it is FLORIDA…and because they had autograph rules about 15 years ago), but you not allow Little Johnny in 3rd grade to not have a hat signed.
7) Some of you went “?????” when the T-Wolves signed foreign player Nikola Petovic to 5 years and $60 mil. Don’t worry about who he is. He is 6’11”, 291 lbs, can get around the court, and will allow Kevin Love to do his thing. I like that team this year.
8) Speaking of low profile names doing high profile things, ex-BC LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar got suspended for 4 games due to PED’s. I never lie in my blog to you all. It is obvious that the PED’s aren’t working very well for this kid as he has been in the league for 5 years now. Also, I had to Google him. I am honest.
9) He is not a household name is what I was getting at.
10) Kent State is launching a COMIC STRIP Heisman campaign for Dri Archer, called “The Archer.” Neat idea. Football superhero. This kid is a stick of dynamite. Open field is kind to him and bad to opposing squads. One injury would derail him as he does play for Kent State, but someone to keep an eye on regardless. Averaged 9 yards a carry last year.
11) I did NOT have to Google him.
12) VERY interesting idea. Nashville is tired of Blackhawks fans getting into their crib. Solution? It is neat. Fans of those 3 games will HAVE to buy tickets for another game also. So, only the rich Blackhawks fans have a shot. Clever, and I see this possibly either catching on with other clubs and sports or becoming illegal VERY quickly.
13) Arrested, a few weeks after being banned 4 games. I wonder if Von Miller has someone taking notes on all of this stuff. This could be one of the best flameout autobiographies in YEARS.
14) Bust out some Linkin Park when they were still angry and good or some Jimmy Eat World. The year is 2002, and Alfonso Soriano has 13 RBI’s in two games. Dude is slugging.
15) Even if you AREN’T a big Seinfeld fan, you have seen enough episodes to know some fake movie titles. This is AWESOME. Someone took some of those fake movie names, and put who today would be in the movies…and made posters. Fun stuff. http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/seinfeld-movie-posters/
16) Deadspin is ALWAYS on top of things…no pun intended. Here they report “lapdance pants.” If I told you how they work, I wouldn’t do it justice. http://jezebel.com/these-liquid-lapdance-pants-store-your-jizz-prevent-un-1138889213
17) Once again, this guy just doesn’t FEEL like a Major winner. Jason Dufner accidentally photo bombs his cousin’s wife.
18) The only time in life when I wish I was a Jedi Knight is when the remote is on the other side of the room. I was in hell last night for ten minutes. I was laid back finishing work with my laptop and Lindsey just finished watching Shakespeare in Love. Some other chick flick was coming on after the long credits and she was in the other room. I needed the force to get the remote to me, but it didn’t happen. Ugghhh.
19) OK. When Matt and I were kids, the cut time to be on That’s Incredible was 30-35 seconds (my brother clocked 1:44 and I clocked about 2:50). This is the latest Rubik’s Cube contest, and dude does 7 seconds. SEVEN. That is just wrong. He is like the game version of Good Will Hunting. Is this thing still really popular? I thought kids had video games these days. I personally remember carrying in my school backpack, but that is neither here nor there. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/30/rubiks-cube-world-championship_n_3675161.html?ir=Canada
20) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.