Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
NOTE: To be alerted when a blog is released, scroll all the way to bottom of page and register.
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. Too much going on with the U.S. playing Belgium. This will be fast.
2) Nigeria and Algeria gave everything they could at heavyweights France and Germany, but it wasn’t quite enough. As I mentioned yesterday, Cinderellas are cool in a way, but France-Germany will be epic.
3) North Carolina has been investigated so much I forget what sport it is now with them reopening it again.
4) Luis Suarez has promised to never bite anyone again. No word on whether he even acknowledged in his own head about his blatant lie about losing his balance a day or two before. What an idiot. Talented idiot, but still an idiot.
5) Bryce Harper had a great rehab start, a decent MLB start, but then started complaining about his position. You were gone half the year, Bryce. Quit bitching. Technically, although you have shown SIGNS of super stardom here and there, you ain’t no Mike Trout yet stat wise, so your demands are…empty relatively.
6) LeBron is quite the story for free agency, but we all know we care more where Jimmer Fredette ends up. SO excited to see who overpays for him.
7) A doctor ruled Donald Sterling competent, and then we found out the doc went out for drinks with Sterling afterwards. Like after the appointment. What is DONALD complaining about? Are we crying foul because he ruled you sane and THEN you went and got him drunk? Slow on the uptake. Confused.
8) This hacker-Astros story is fascinating, but I am waiting until a day when I have more time to dive into it.
9) Jameer Nelson is available if anyone cares.
10) I have said it before, and I will say it again. Lionel Hollins needs a freaking NBA job. Now. Fired a couple years ago after he goes 56-26 and loses in the Conference Finals as a lower seed? Come on.
11) The Heat are looking at Luol Deng. That team just doesn’t care about what position you play, do they? They just want players and then they will figure it out.
12) Serena withdrew from her doubles match 3 games in. I like the strategy. Bow out so maybe we think that you were injured during your lost singles match.
13) The Canucks got Ryan Miller, the Blues got Paul Stastny, the Avs got Jarome Iginla, and the Sens got Spezza…but I have no time for that stuff right now.
14) Nadal loses, and he doesn’t really care THAT much because it is not the French Open. Everything else is just gravy.
15) Sharapova lost and missed a chance to win the tourney a decade after her other one. Without Serena or Na in there anymore, I think she missed a big chance. Just going to get tougher as age starts beating her down.
16) Ex- NFL QB Kevin Kolb has evidently decided to start his NFL comeback AFTER getting arrested on a boat drunk. http://deadspin.com/kevin-kolb-arrested-charged-with-boating-while-drunk-1598283321
17) NBA player Marcin Gortat knows how to enter his homeland basketball camp. http://deadspin.com/marcin-gortat-rides-humvee-with-giant-gun-into-his-bask-1598163978
18) That is it. Not my best work today. Too much going on being one of the most important soccer days in US history. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.