Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Evening rant. Speed version again since I work like 1000 hours per week. Let’s turn and burn.
TWITTER CO-BLOGGER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. Thanks for joining me. I have said about my job two things in the past. It is different levels of drowning and sometimes it is scary how fast non doctors respond to email at night when you think you won’t have to deal with something until the next day. I didn’t go to med school, but I work like it. Well, like the intern who isn’t quite a doctor yet.
2) It has been snowing in Denver for 24 hours in COLD weather and we have about 3 inches on the ground to show for it. I am no Nicolas Cage, but I am confused. Flow chart and green screen needed.
3) Is underachieving Baylor playing for its tourney life tonight against KU? I personally think so unless they run the table including the Big 12 tourney. Don’t see it happening.
4) Hello, Notre Dame. You ran into a Syracuse team playing at its worst after a big win against Duke except for its shooter, Trevor Cooney? The odds of BOTH elements not playing well on a given night are pretty low.
5) I still worry about their perimeter shooting overall. Don’t ever be hungover, Trevor.
6) The Super Bowl broke some sort of viewership record. I think that is simply because there is nothing else on during the Super Bowl.
7) I still chuckle at the Robins Williams Snickers commercial where he says let’s go win this for Mother Russia. I also read a funny article about how if we 40 year olds were dreaming of an 80’s action star leading a COUNTRY, then it is true with Putin. He actually had Steven Seagal over his place in the last two months. That is funny. The only thing funnier is that Van Damme ALSO came over a month later.
8) We are not having kids. This is the best video I have seen advocating that stance. My girl sent it to me as we dream of traveling and calling Uber at will through our older years. http://youtu.be/4AhGvR0143s
9) Super Bowl fallout. Elway getting testy, everyone jealous of building the Seattle model in their home town, and one team being young and the other team just feeling older. San Fran was the second best team anyway in the league if you didn’t notice.
10) I personally respect Marc Gasol’s ability, but there is no way I thought his impact for the Grizzlies would be THIS immediate. Another year of our lives, and another year of NO one wanting them as the #4 seed in the West, which of course they will get somehow…or the #5.
11) So, the Hernandez accuser got shot AGAIN? Go play a lottery ticket when you get out of the hospital, bro…or stop being a trouble maker. I just correlated getting shot again to winning the lottery. Whatever. This is a speed version.
12) Yes. I think the Sixers SHOULD trade Evan Turner. Put him on the Spurs or…the Spurs…so we can see if he has any talent (basically, somewhere where he can blend in and learn from veterans).
13) I literally turned off the game with 2 minutes left, got ALL ready for bed including a long shower, and STILL caught the third OT between Iowa State and Oklahoma State.
14) Tomorrow is signing day. Some of you care. Some of you don’t. Since UVA simply gets happy for getting TWO top 30 recruits, I guess I lie somewhere in the middle.
15) We can all diss Noah for cussing out the refs. We can all laugh at him getting docked $15k. But, if we were NBA coaches, we ALL would want him on our team. So much athleticism, and so much passion. I love when Simmons said that the Bulls are the basketball version of Major League after trading away Deng.
16) For no one.
17) In case you dozed for a day or two, Durant is back to scoring 30 a game. It is like you just went in a mini bender. Tiny Rip Van Winkle thing. Don’t sweat it. It continues.
18) Break out The Fray. The Wizards are above .500 for the first time since 2009. Congrats.
19) Incognito’s suspension ended in case you didn’t get your HUGE ESPN Sportscenter update on your phone.
20) Shhhh. The very decent Braves just locked up the HIGH quality first baseman no one knows by signing Freddie Freeman to 8 and 125.
21) Class. Class. Class. Not YOU, Chris Johnson. Cards Larry Fitzgerald redid his contract to give the team room for more talent.
22) If you are not excited for the UF Mizzou game tonight, then we are very different people I suppose.
23) Richard Sherman says the ‘Hawks knew the passing routes. Well, what can we say to dispute this? He could be lying of course, but nothing about that 43-8 route suggested anything BUT that claim.
24) Brady Hoke has announced his QB position as “open.” Hmmm. Thanks. Since it is 020414, I didn’t know it was closed with 6 months left to play.
25) I am a boxing fan, but if anyone cares less about the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch, please raise your hand.
26) Is Tiger Woods playing AGAIN this week? India did I read? Take a break, man. Stay out of the news. Take Ms. Vonn to Perkins.
27) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.