Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
ON the clock. Not at work, but after a nice 13 hour work day, I needed to say a FEW things. Basically, my whole day will be work, work, blog, Rules of Engagement recording, The Following recording, and sleep. Ugghhh. This is what I will call the speed round. Quick hitters. Let’s turn and burn.
(New format will return after March Madness)
1) I am watching the NIT game while finishing up work and doing this blog. In a related note, I am going to wash my Jeep this weekend before a snow or rain storm. USELESS. Side note: pretty impressed the amount of Alabama/ football fans at an NIT Quarterfinal game. Plus 10k.
2) The Red Sox will offer beer discounts at games this season apparently. Sounds about right. Sellout streak in danger, and lots of beer drinkers in the area. I guess an option was NOT to just lower ticket prices or offer refunds. You might as well have really drunk people attending a game.
3) The Coach K coaching tree might expand. Northwestern is talking to Duke assistant Chris Collins. Sounds like a plan. Evidently, they are trying to grab all of the really smart schools. Amaker-Harvard. Collins-Northwestern. What the hell is Quinn Snyder doing these days anyway?
4) The Yankees acquired Vernon Wells today from the Angels. Before we start joking about the Yankees doing their usual thing, let’s do this. Two minor leaguers, the Angels are paying for most of his 2013 salary, and they are in the American League. Win-win-win. Now if they can just figure out how to replace the other 8 hurt old guys.
5) The Lehigh Valley IronPigs, a Phillies minor league team, will offer “urinal gambling” in bathrooms. Sweet. No word on what genius thought of how to keep everyone’s urine off the screens.
6) Snowball says that he will remember the game that David Lee caught a shot on him in a game and made him bleed. Most of us out here are just jealous that Lee already got a shot in.
7) Elvis Dumervil said how happy he was to be a Raven and be wanted. I would have paid money to have him wear a Dragnet hat and say “just the fax, ma’am.”
8) Manti Te’o ran a 4.71 today to improve his horrible time. Jerome Bettis has offered to make a comeback to see if Te’o could catch him.
9) Giants DT Shaun Rogers was robbed by a chick in a hotel and she got away with $500k in jewelry. Getting past the fact that I am jealous of not owning that much in jewelry, I would have to say that Rogers is a large man and he should have been suspicious in the first place.
10) Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Plax. Thanks for already being bad off the field and having your license suspended for not paying a settlement to a woman you hit. The Rooneys REALLY need a receiver, but I would hate to hear THAT talking to behind closed doors. It must have been similar to after Big Ben raped a chick.
11) Tiger wins, goes back to #1, gets a congratulatory text from Rory, and then wins some team competition the next day I wasn’t even aware of. Just go to Augusta and start practicing, dude. Tell Lindsey Vonn you are not allowed in Perkins en route.
ADDITION: This is RIDICULOUS. Not only does ESPN News, which is supposed to be the provider of non stop sports updates, not have on updates. They have on women’s basketball. Lose-lose.
12) That is it. Speed version. The rest if saved for the monster weekend rant. Sweet Sixteen breakdown tomorrow, and if I am too busy to do it during the day, I will make time at night while I am yawning during the NIT UVA game. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.