Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Evening rant, but I have too much work to do tonight. I guess my non-work day today is my 30 minute rant. Yay. What a life.
Let’s turn and burn. Speed hooks, and while Nolan Richardson won a championship in 1994 with his “40 minutes of hell,” I guess the Fillerbuster will give you 20 minutes of it.
1) Sometimes the AFC is good and sometimes it is not so much. The fact that the Jets are even in playoff contention with the product they put on the field each week is a clear indicator that this would be a down year. That being said, the best four teams can all win it all if they get on a run. Talk about top heavy. It is kind of like the ACC in basketball this year. The Pats, Texans, Ravens, and Broncos all have the goods. Notice I didn’t include my boys in that sentence. I am not a homer when I rant.
2) Odd that they made all of these Greg Jennings Old Spice commercials in a year where I think he probably had time to make plenty more for the off season. It has not been his year, nor fantasy owners (me).
3) The numbers for the Zack Greinke deal were released. Six years and $147 million?? Wow. Not bad for a guy who suits up once every five games.
4) If you don’t think that Aqib Talib was a big pickup for the Pats, then you haven’t watched any of their games since the pickup. I like what I read today. It has a “trickle down” effect on the rest of the secondary.
5) Cowboys player Josh Brent accompanied the Jerry Brown family to his memorial today. Very cool, and very sad story in a year where we can’t get a week off from tragedy.
6) Ahhhh. Social media. It’s benefits, and penalties. 49ers RB Brandon Jacobs ironically was on social media about his lack of playing time. Now, he is suspended for the rest of the year. I guess you deserved THAT, bro.
7) So, a nose tackle got in Jerry Jones face after the game this weekend. I am glad someone stepped up to him, and glad he was a large guy. Jerry needs to butt out of a LOT more conversations and be who he is. The GM and owner.
8) Andrew Bynum has told fans that it will be another month “worse case.” Is he talking about his injury or that hair?
9) You know you have arrived talent wise in the NBA when stuff like this leaks out. Kevin Love-Kenny G. http://breakfastbytes.yardbarker.com/blog/breakfastbytes/article/is_that_kevin_love_or_kenny_g/12366535
10) Eleanor started both in the morning AND after work. Therefore, it was a successful day in my world.
11) Lindsey made something with chicken, bread, and cheese. It sounds simple and straightforward, and I don’t know what else was going on, but it was delicious.
12) Does anyone else think there is ANY chance that Jon Gruden won’t be coaching again within the next two years?
13) Thanks, Tosh.0. http://www.youtube.com/user/BadLipReading. Well, I couldn’t find the actual sight, but you can look for it. I am just here for ideas.
14) Paul Tagliabue affirmed the “findings” in Bountygate, but dismissed all charges against the players. I don’t know all of the facts, it reminds me of a football version of A Few Good Men, and now Jonathan Vilma can pursue once again his hobby…the defamation suit against Roger Goodell.
15) Holy smokes. THIS is what I was waiting for, and this would be funny as HELL. In rebellion to all of this conference realignment going on daily, the Atlantic 10 and Big East fight back. Seven Big East teams met with Big East brass about the direction of the league. The big teams that are left. Less than a day later, the Atlantic 10 (yes, the Atlantic 10), has intimated that they might house those 7 teams, and leave the Big East with pretty much nothing. Do the math. Exit stage left the two teams that are leaving already, and add ten teams. What do you get? A 21 team SUPER league. That is SO funny to me. Do it up, boys.
16) I think I am a fan of Paul Rudd. He has very dry humor. His characters remind me of a more likable, more funny version of me.
17) Alabama gets FOUR players on the All-America team in FBS. I checked out the picks, and yes, they are all pretty damn good. But, you are telling me there aren’t a couple players ANYWHERE that could make this more of a national award? Just saying.
18) Dez Bryant will play this week. This is the first game he has ever entered where he has a pre-built excuse for dropping any balls. Why would he do this against the Steelers? I don’t know about you, but I would rather sit out one more week then chance a collision with any part of Polamalu and my fragile hands.
19) Stop talking about the Arizona Cardinals “quitting.” It is not even a debate. They did.
20) Prison would drive me crazy. I floss every day religiously, and feel disgusting if I miss a day or two. Since I am assuming you could feasibly choke someone with it, does that mean you can’t floss in prison? That would suck.
21) R.A. Dickey has said that he will walk after his contract if not offered something by the Mets. He evidently is asking for below market money, and he is 38. He has to capitalize NOW. Don’t fault him for however this turns out.
22) Did Amir Johnson really get kicked out a game for insisting on touching the ball before a free throw? That is just weird. He really DOES want to touch the ball before giving it to the ref.
23) So, the Mayans might be right. Kevin Youkilis, ex-Yankee killer, has agreed to the one year deal. Shame on BOTH sides. This is just wrong. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, or however that cliche goes. You know me and cliches.
24) The Australian PGA Championship is moving venues after 11 years. Why? Because of THIS big waste of money by the millionaire who lives next to the course. Evidently, this thing makes sounds when something gets close to it. That would be awesome. http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8736465/new-dinosaur-themed-resort-sparks-venue-change-australian-pga-championship
25) Finally. Whose house? Run’s house. The Texans found out that being “good” doesn’t get the torch automatically get the torch passed to you. It especially makes you realize that playing in your confines might be swell in the playoffs. It is just the regular season, but the Texans just didn’t get beat last night. They got worked. Memories of that game will echo in the players’ heads should they face each other in the playoffs. Going for it on fourth down TWICE in the FIRST half down 21 points also told me that the Texans were a little off guard and scared. The Pats are the only team in the league who has the personnel to play totally different schemes every single week depending on how they want to pick on the other team. Great stuff, and it is still Run’s House to get through until he tells you otherwise. Think about it. The Pats are about 2 plays and 5 points from winning 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls in addition to the three they already have. Peyton and Big Ben are the only two QB’s presently that aren’t scared when they get on the field with Brady in the AFC.
26) That is it. Back to work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.