Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. Hopefully I am like Stanford’s Chiney Ogwumike and your #1 pick overall for sports blogs.
2) And if I do retire from blogging, hopefully I can be like a mid 80’s boxer or Michael Phelps, and come out of retirement before any of us realized we are retired at all, or believe we are retired.
3) Dustin Pedroia does NOT have a fractured wrist, meaning we can now focus on the sub par 5-8 overall team record as a reason for our concern.
4) Useless stat. Tell your friends. The Padres signed 2B Jeff Gyorko to a 5 year extension, making him the third highest extension EVER in the league for a player for only one year of service in the big leagues. This is also probably why you haven’t heard of him.
5) Very cool. Arkansas State auctioned off the right to coach their team in the spring game, meaning some lucky fan can live out their dream. The only thing is that it went to some random entrepreneur from San Jose who had $11,700 under his mattress. Ok.
6) Continuing my state of confusion, I have read the articles, watched the highlights, and have NO idea WHY the Heat sat their players in a game to determine home court advantage. If that is not cocky, I don’t know WHAT is, and if I needed another reason to cheer against the Heat, I just got one. Residual injuries my ass.
7) In case you live in an NBA bubble and don’t know who Damian Lillard is, you WILL. Dude is about to ink a monster deal with Adidas.
8) The Masters had the lowest rating since 2004, not surprisingly with Tiger’s absence. What makes this stat even more odd is that it technically points to Phil Mickelson actually being the reason people were watching more than Tiger.
9) I have not yet had time to break down the NHL playoffs. Perhaps I will at some point, so in the meantime, go Flyers and their nonexistent goaltending.
10) I am not saying it will happen, but the Spurs can’t exactly be pouring champagne for drawing Memphis in the first round. That is a scarier than needed first round matchup. It also left a Western team with plus 47 wins OUT of the playoffs. The East is like a vacation or an umbrella drink in comparison, with some combination of Atlanta, Washington, and Charlotte getting the high ranked teams.
11) Jerami Grant turning pro really is a punch in the gut to the Cuse.
12) Aaron Gordon turning pro is NOT as much as a punch in the gut for Arizona as some scrub named Stanley Johnson comes in at forward who is not too shabby.
13) No one do anything wrong in the sports world over the next few days, because all of my Rant Squad scouts are presently in the northern CA area.
14) LeSean McCoy says he would take his 2 year old son over Tim Tebow as far as non league players and their skill. I hereby relinquish my position as captain of the Tim Tebow Hater Squad, as I would take Tim by a hair over his kid. Your show, LeSean.
15) So, if there is a time to NOT do anything wrong, it is when a do anything QB graduates for a school loaded in talent. I am talking to YOU, Chad Kelly. The spot is open now. What the hell are you thinking?
16) I think the Warriors losing Mr. Bogut for an unknown time frame really pokes a big 7’0” hole in their title chances.
17) The Jets are hosting RB Chris Johnson. PER. FECT. Match made in heaven.
18) The St. Louis Rams will do their own Warren Buffet pool and give a lucky fan $100k for guessing their to be announced NFL schedule, complete with nights of games and home or away. Well, THIS would be reaching for fan fundom.
19) I have no idea if “fundom” is or should be a word. My blog. My rules.
20) I will believe that Mr. Trump wants to buy the Bills when I see it.
21) Finally, Cuonzo Martin became the latest coach that makes us NOT believe any other coach by leaving Tennessee and going to Cal. After ALL of the loyalty talk, after all of the reasons he is in it for the long haul, he bolts. He is from St. Louis. It is not a family or school thing. Dude just bolted because. Weak.
22) In being lost and trying to find another show to watch, Lindsey chose Silicon Valley. I am moderately entertained thus far, the characters are fun, although I wish it was an hour.
23) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.