Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Super speed version. Too much to do.
1) Cal coach Mike Montgomery was reprimanded for shoving one of his players. He is not suspended, I am not sure how he was reprimanded, but this makes sense. He is one of those coaches that you know he didn’t mean bad intentions and was just showing his passion in the heat of battle. I am sure if you ask the kid he would say the same thing. Let’s just move on from this.
2) Manti Te’o is concentrating on the NFL Combine now. He is in a good place, as he has been told this thing actually DOES exist.
3) Baylor beat UCONN in women’s hoops. I just wanted to actually put a women’s basketball update in the first three hooks. In a related manner, no word on how the Rachel Alexandra situation turned out yet.
4) The World Cup will have goal line technology this time and is accepting bids. Word is that since Jeopardy is not shown in Europe and South America, that fans are also accepting bids for songs to sing during these breaks.
5) Ex-NC State coach was arrested for not filing taxes for THREE years. Dude, you had a nice paycheck. Did you pull a Peter Griffin and recreate Pee-Wee’s Playhouse set with the money you made?
6) The sky is blue, the grass is green, and Nike will not use Pistorius in future ads. Not to go gray area, but this whole thing would generate more jokes if the Blade Runner had stabbed her as opposed to shooting her.
7) Pittsburgh played Notre Dame last night. It is not impressive to score 42 points. It IS impressive considering they missed 18 of their first 19 shots.
8) Johnny Football is not trying to be head of his class. Word is that the 4 courses he is enrolled in this semester are 4 sports management courses online. This will give him more time to get in trouble…ummm….I mean train and practice.
9) DE Da’Quan Bowers allegedly had a .40 caliber in his bags at La Guardia Airport. I will send Rant Squad scouts. I have a good feeling about you.
10) Roger Clemens says he is not losing sleep over the failed Hall of Fame voting. And we, Roger, are not losing sleep over you not losing sleep.
11) Burger King’s Twitter account was hacked, lending it to various funny tweets. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/18/burger-king-twitter-account-hacked-posts-obscenities/
12) The Following upped the ante last night. It was a little more creative, much more action filled, and left us hanging a LOT more for next week. The evolution of quality is fun to watch. And it provided the news station with a nice lead in to a story. RIGHT after being awed at the last scene of the show, you see “Colorado Serial Killer” in big letters on the screen.
13) I will work on a new background this weekend for my blog. I need to tone it down a little so you people can read it at work. I am sure the lightning bolts do not allow you to trick your boss you are doing a spreadsheet or are in your back end database or something similar.
14) There is a cool article in ESPN Mag about walk up songs for an at bat. I think it is a good question. What would yours be? Without overthinking it, I think I would have to either do Here I Go Again or Still of the Night by Whitesnake. One has the whole “drifter/ on my own” thing (like when I am at bat), and the other has the awesome guitar intro.
For you younger folk, take a listen to one of the best songs from the glam rock 80’s AND my karaoke specialty.
I will save my John Norum rant for Saturday. He was the Whitesnake guitarist who got screwed.
15) I hear the Pats are not going to franchise Wes Welker. This is SO cocky, thinking that Wes Welkers just come along every day. OK. So if you ARE releasing him, you can once again use my phone, Steelers execs.
16) I was pretty damn good at piano as a kid. This 4 year old makes me feel like I was nothing, AND makes me think his parents might want to go out in the yard and play catch of something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omuYi2Vhgjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
17) Josh Hamilton says that his old crib was NOT a baseball town. I can see this making sense if you signed with St. Louis, but you are also not in a pure baseball town, Josh.
18) FINALLY. The monkey dog I talked about is becoming a star. This small dog climbs 10-12 feet up trees. Pretty cool stuff. http://kdvr.com/2013/02/18/meet-olly-denvers-tree-climbing-rescue-dog/
19) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.