Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. I will get in and then get out because of time, just like Johnny Manziel is probably planning on doing in Cleveland.
2) First, my always random and not necessarily constructive thoughts on the draft.
-You might think you had a good day yesterday, but you didn’t. Eric Ebron had a good day. He asked his woman to marry him during the day on top of the Empire State Building, and achieved his dream and got drafted 10th in the NFL draft at night. I guess it is all win-win except for going to the beautiful city of Detroit. (Matthew Stafford is a VERY happy man today)
-I can say one of my favorite things this week overall was watching Johnny Football not get picked each time a pick was done.
-Not many mock drafts had him going there, but Bortles went to Jacksonville. Hey, Chad Henne, don’t believe EVERYTHING they are whispering in your ear.
-Barry Sanders in my opinion is the greatest running back of all time (closely followed by Brown, and Sweetness). He is not very good though at announcing on the microphone a Madden ad and then a draft pick.
-That’s how much we believe you, Jerry Jones. You told us ALL that you would not select Johnny Football. The pick comes around and everyone and their mother thinks you are going there. You didn’t. I guess you were telling us the truth.
-Was Ray Lewis stoned on camera until he suddenly woke up and started talking when his former team was picking?
-I tried to think of my own joke about the announcers talking about Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, but I couldn’t come up with one. Sorry.
-Pretend like I didn’t say this out loud. How do they make the jerseys with the name on it so fast?
-The Browns organization actually admitted on TV that a homeless person pushed them over the edge for Manziel.
-I thought the whole coming out to your favorite song thing was going to be a lot more of a topic than it was.
-They had an Airfast commercial during the draft that pretty much was identical to a Southwest commercial. Getting away and out of a situation and all that jazz. Confused.
-Ok. I was wrong. The Steelers didn’t take a S or CB. They got a freak LB who runs a 4.36 40 and has a 42” vertical jump. I am ok with waiting until Round 2 for the DB. I really wanted Dennard but it is not all about me. I get it.
-How come this whole time I never realized that Marqise Lee didn’t have a “u” in it?
-Ki-Jana Carter really jacked things up back in the day. Not one RB went in first round. That is amazing. Multiple RB’s is the thing now.
-Close your eyes, and imagine being on offense playing the Texans with Watt and Clowney on the other side. Ugghhh.
-I have less notes near the end of the first round because Lindsey told me Rocky IV was on another channel. Jacked up me watching the draft. Jacked up my bedtime. When the movie that stopped the Cold War is on TV though, you have to watch it.
3) The last couple years we wondered if the Heat could “flip the switch” for the playoffs. So far, so good. It IS the East of course, but they can’t exactly beat their opponent worse than they already are. Shame. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett might not even have another go around, and I think this series is a LITTLE competitive with Brook Lopez. Heat blew it out late again last night.
4) They can try to blame the snake in the visitor’s locker room if they want, but the Blazers just look plain confused. Sure, it is a combo of strategy and the Spurs happening to play really, really well, but they just look lost. Or maybe the Rockets were more horrible than we thought.
5) The Rockets comment I realize had nothing to do with the current point. Belay my last.
6) Martin Kaymer is making TPC Sawgrass look like a joke thus far. And we already know the course is not.
7) All hail, Matt Fraser, who pretty much just lived HIS dream last night. Called up from the AHL, he scored his first playoff goal AND the WINNING goal in a 1-0 overtime win against Montreal. THAT is a story to tell…like forever.
8) You know your franchise is good when 1-10 are ALL retired. Or will be. The Yankees announced they are doing Torre’s #6 soon, and Jeter fills in the #2 gap. Clean sweep, with an extra #8 for Bill Dickey. Did Yogi just force his way into #8? Well, I guess Dickey’s number wasn’t retired until much later than he played, so that makes sense. Belay my last again.
9) Did Mr. Royal send his mock draft to someone else? Anyone get it? I had planned on breaking down that bad boy after last night.
10) I don’t need sneakers right now, but all over Twitter athletes are talking about how comfortable those Adidas Boost shoes are. Just passing it along.
11) Finally, congrats to the Browns for selling 1500 tickets in 12 hours after drafting Manziel. I hope this little experiment goes the same way as something similar in Denver did a few years ago. Fan loved QB gets drafted, fans wait anxiously for him to play instead of starter, fan loved QB plays, and now fan loved QB is out of football and laughed at by most football players. No, I am not making a COMPARISON between Tebow and Manziel. I am just saying it feels the same, with one guy being tinier but having more talent. Whatever. They both irritate me. I want them both out of football forever.
12) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.