Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me today. Let’s hope my rant is better than what the Phillies are doing this year, which is extremely mediocre.
2) Mr. Royal and I will work on our communication so we don’t both do journals during the same game. We are working on a back and forth DURING a game and just use that as a blog. That will happen in the next couple weeks. Should be fun.
3) I won’t sit and break down the whole Game 2 between the Spurs and Thunder. That is what people who get paid to write do, and you can find those articles all over the place. What I WILL say is that not having an interior presence is a good excuse for losing, but not for breaking records on the largest point difference in the first two games of an NBA Conference Finals. You can adjust better than THAT, Mr. Brooks.
4) Luckily, since Paul George is concussed officially, there are two weeks between each NBA playoff game for him to recover.
5) By the way, Pacers fans, I don’t hate you like Sir Charles hates San Antonio fans, but it seemed to me like you were pushing the issue a little to beat the traffic the other night. You didn’t lose by THAT much.
6) The Cavs are pondering whether they try and go two for four in first pick success or just trade it away and let someone else make a better decision…Anthony Bennett. (Chuckle, chuckle)
7) I personally think they should consider rolling the dice and trading it away to land someone like a Kevin Love in case LeBron gets homesick next year.
8) I haven’t looked at the intervention agenda, but I imagine it doesn’t have a bullet point of “How not to drag your woman out of a casino elevator.”
9) You HAVE to love Chip Kelly. Since rules forbid head coaching on the field right now, dude has busted out a robot to be on the field in his place. I shit you not.
10) Just when I thought I had forgotten some of Mike Tyson’s weird past, I see a headline that says “Alex Guerrero’s ear partially bitten off.”
11) Loved how Lance Stephenson went and chilled with Walsh and Bird during a breather last game. He is a funny dude.
12) I promise to keep writing on this site until Charlotte changes it nickname again.
13) I promise not to become upset Cliff Lee is having elbow problems.
14) I promise to go into 22 Jump Street with an open mind when I go see it.
15) I promise to not spend too much of my life trying to figure out how Mountain Dew took this long to come out with their own energy drink.
16) I promise to not go the several directions I could go on Rory and Caroline breaking up. Go practice, Caroline, and maybe get the #1 ranking WITH winning a freaking Grand Slam.
17) I promise to not overwhelm you with TOO much French Open excitement in this blog before it actually starts.
18) I promise to not be too mad at anyone I find out is going to Brazil (Dan).
19) I promise to not take much of my life wondering if the new Jeep commercial has some lost or lesser known Michael Jackson song.
20) Ok. That is enough of that. Don’t know where that came from. Anyway, are we all on board that Mr. Tanaka is a pretty damn good pitcher, and that 42 in a row in ANY league is pretty freaking good?
21) By the way, maybe Rory will find an older famous tennis player like Anna Kournikova who ALSO didn’t win a Slam.
22) Props to Djokovic for donating his last winnings to flood victims.
23) What is up with the recent trend of paying people to pick something no one will get? The NCAA Tourney already had it, the NFL draft had some of that, and now Orlando will pay a fan $100k to correctly predict the first 14 picks in the draft.
24) The Seahawks visited the White House, and Obama knows enough about the only expected no show to politely give Marshawn a shout out. Like it.
25) Someone tell Robert Mathis to go away.
26) I wonder if interviewees during the Grizzlies process are asking how far they have to go into the playoffs to NOT get fired. How Lionel Hollins isn’t coaching is ridiculous.
27) I really do wonder what was going through LeSean McCoy’s head when declaring himself the best RB in the league. Maybe the robot told him to do it.
28) By the way, Chip’s robot looks more like a car sadly than a robot like I think about. Somehow, I still flash back to the Rocky IV robot.
29) Peter, when we go to a team happy hour and the place buys you $30 of your tab because it is your birthday, you are supposed to change your plans and drink more than the $4.35 that you did.
30) Kind of sad when you are a football player pleading no contest to a charge that is not your most recent charge. Nice job, Aldon Smith.
31) Let’s not go overboard on Mark Cuban’s comments. So we have a famous billionaire sports owner who says grey area stuff some of us wish we also had the honesty to say. Not saying it is right, but he does say whatever pops into that skull of his, he has no filter, and he is an ok dude.
32) Don’t change the Redskins name. I grew up with it, and really only thought about any negativity of it when the media started forcing it down my throat.
33) I would like to say hello to all readers from Costa Rica, England, and Italy. Thanks for reading. What’s that? Oh, that’s right. They aren’t reading this. They are spending the next two weeks constantly hitting refresh on their Google browser with “suarez knee status” in the search spot.
34) I DO like the silly contest where Callaway is picking someone at random and then matching Phil’s earnings in an event for their prize money.
35) Finally, I like the fact that the Lakers are interviewing Byron Scott for their coaching vacancy. Look at the 2013 Cavs roster. It stunk. Dude won as many games as anyone could before they made him leave. He is an ex-Laker, he is experienced, and his track record is NOT the worst in comparison to some coaches WITH jobs.
36) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.