Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Many other people today around here at work have taken this mythological “lunch break” thing I have heard rumors of. I am taking twenty minutes to blog, dammit. I have a baseball game to watch tonight. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Someday this day will be called Tendulkar Day, and we will rejoice. Who is that, you ask? Well, it is the biggest sports news of the day. Sachin Tendulkar, who has been slowly retiring from India’s CRICKET teams over the years, officially retired today from everything in cricket. I know MY sports watching schedule now has a LOT more room with THAT window of time I don’t have to catch across the pond cricket “tests.”
2) The Cards took down the Pirates in five games last night. Not a great game, but very methodical watching Adam Wainwright show his experience and curve ball against the younger Pirates. The Pirates will have their day. They are talented and young. But watching the batting order gain knowledge against the Pirates rookie pitcher AB by AB was beautiful to watch.
3) And we learned that David Freese doesn’t seem to care about any regular season games. He is just a stud in POSTseason games. Two run homer last night.
4) Neat stat. Tell your friends. Pirates youngster Pedro Alvarez became the first hitter in MLB history to have an RBI in the first 6 games of postseason. Of course, you just have to memorize “6,” as that streak is now over.
5) Don’t know about you, but I am glad Keith Olberman is back on sports TV. “Jay-walking?” You crack me up, Keith.
6) Who do I like tonight? Verlander and the Tigers. I kind of HAVE to since I said in September it would be the Tigers over the Cards in 7 in the WS. They are both choosing to make it exciting for me.
7) Neat stat. Tell your friends. The Dodgers and Cards played their first game against each other in 1898. This will be only the FIFTH time they have met in the postseason. Odd.
8) Ryan Clark says the Steelers still can make the playoffs. That makes one of us. They obviously don’t mandate the players watching game tape.
9) Lindsey must be slacking reading my blog. Not one mention of the Goldendoodle hook and pics and talking about how cool her mom is.
10) Book your trip, folks. VA Tech and Tennessee will play each other at BRISTOL Racetrack on September 10, 2016. I guess I actually MIGHT get to say that I have been to a big time racetrack.
11) It might just be a flash in the pan, or we could be watching the beginning of something special. Either way, it is NOT easy to score 4 goals in an NHL game. If THAT’s not enough, he scored the fourth goal between his legs. I give you Tomas Hertl. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24052329/video-tomas-hertl-scores-fourth-goal-of-game-with-betweenlegs-finish
12) Clowney keeps texting me about going out for drinks. I can’t figure out whether it is because my sign off is “clown question,” or because he can drink and not play this year so he will get paid before hurting himself.
13) Did you hear about the fifth grader who asked Kyree Irving at a press conference if he was going to leave them like LeBron did? NO good answer for that one. WHEN he leaves in a couple years, that kid better be at the press conference.
14) Jim Irsay says the Colts will honor Peyton Manning on Oct. 20th when the Broncos come to town. I hope they do the honorary thing beforehand, because the Colts personnel might not be in good spirits by halftime.
15) David Price expects to be traded since the Rays don’t pay anyone. Let’s pause for a moment and think how good the Rays would be IF they paid their players. Scary.
16) My day has been hectic, but one enlightening thing occurred today. The new employee who is now sitting next to me has a Journey “Separate Ways” ringtone. That is simply incredible. I guess the GOOD thing you could say that if all Journey songs were termed horrible, then he DID pick the best horrible one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afHQd-lP4yU
17) That is it. Back to it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.