Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. SPEED version. 20 minutes. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Tim Brown says that Raiders coach Bill Callahan sabotaged the Super Bowl back in the day by changing the game plan last minute. I find it VERY hard to believe that a microphone has not go within range of ANYONE in the last ten years that thinks the same thing. Kind of late to the party, Tim, and go buy a dog if you are lonely.
2) The Harbaughs are “only texting and not talking.” Thanks for that information. I can sleep well tonight.
3) Sean Payton is reinstated. Not saying he is the TOTAL answer to the Saints’ problems, but I have a feeling that whoever beat up on them last year better have enjoyed it, because I think they will be much better with him on the sidelines.
4) Memphis and Cleveland have agreed to an NBA trade. Don’t worry about who is involved. They won’t affect anyone you are worried about. All you need to know is that it involves a couple players who wished they would have stayed in college for another year, it gets Memphis below the salary cap, and it brings to light the fact that Marresse Speights makes over $4 million/year…which is RIDICULOUS. I would want HIS agent on my side.
5) The Following was solid. The table is now set, and we will see if they can keep it going. I highly advise catching it right now before the plot gets too far down the road.
6) You think YOU have problems at work? http://www.happyplace.com/20633/chinese-ikea-stores-overrun-with-people-sleeping-eating-and-making-out-on-their-furniture
7) Hey. Tom Brady has announced that he will not play in the Pro Bowl. I NEVER thought THAT would happen.
8) Sharapova is in the semi’s in Australia. Steamrolling people. There is a joke in there, by the way.
9) Is Rules of Engagement on TV yet, and if not, how can THAT good of comedy NOT be on?
10) I think it is creepy when the little girl in the State Farm commercial gets that real deep man’s voice.
11) Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick say they won’t rule out doing the Indy 500 again someday. I got an idea. Why don’t you two just let us know when you ARE considering it?
12) Duke is #1. I look in my crystal ball and see a weak ACC. If they don’t drop the game at Miami tomorrow night, I don’t see them losing for a WHILE. Just passing it along.
13) Someone at my office knows someone who laid down 8k on 25-1 for Baltimore to win it all. That IS a great payout, but I don’t remember EVER feeling like I had 8k in spare money laying around to bet on something.
14) This is a speed version. YOU figure this out. Bengals cheerleader. Sex scandal. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265915/Sarah-Jones-affair-Ex-Bengals-cheerleader-teacher-court-tomorrow-11m-defamation-lawsuit-student-turned-boyfriend-support-her.html
15) Wes Welker’s wife lashes out at Ray Lewis on Twitter after the Pats loss. It is pretty funny. I might have her as a guest writer on my rant. “Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!”
16) Oddly quiet about Manti Te’o today. That is like the most short lived hot story EVER. Take a seat, Jeremy Lin.
17) My boss likes my blog and wanted a shout out. Here you go, Katrina. As written on my list in different handwriting oddly enough, I HAVE THE BEST BOSS EVER!
18) Georgetown went into South Bend and WHIPPED Notre Dame. Not only do the Domers not lose at home a lot, but the 47 points they scored were the least since 1972.
19) Syracuse survived Cincinnati yesterday in hoops. Why I was working when THAT quality bball game was on is disturbing.
20) The new Tiger-Rory commercial is pretty cool. If you are wondering if they became pals at the shooting of the commercial, don’t. They shot each side separately at totally different times at different locations. They never even talked to each other.
21) It looks like Tony Gonzalez will retire. What he did for the game goes to many levels, but one way or the other, football scouts regularly attend high school basketball games also these days…looking for that power forward with good hands.
22) Amare Stoudemire did something very cool for MLK Day. He bought the 600 MSG workers lunch. Very cool, Amare.
23) Landon Donovan will return to the Galaxy next year. And you are now updated in soccer.
24) Lindsey and I ordered food for delivery over the weekend. After delivering it, we then got a call inquiring why we didn’t answer the door when buzzed. They tried to tell us we missed our delivery WHILE we were eating our food. Weird.
25) I still chuckle when it says that Stallone’s new movie is called Bullet to the Head.
26) So Subway couldn’t get any better athlete for their commercials than Mike Lee? I had to look that guy up. Boxer if you care (I guessed UFC).
27) Finally, a video that will make you smile. Cute dog. Piano. Absolutely adorable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLrLlu6KDss
28) That is it. Don’t forget to register to “follow” the site if you want alerts of new blogs. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.