Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Old format. Let’s turn and burn.
1) I hate people with “second favorite” teams. It drives me nuts. That being said, I guess until the sun goes down today, I have one. Briefly. The Atlanta Falcons. Thanks to that team for signing LB Brian Banks and giving the kid a chance at the NFL. If you don’t recognize the name, you will get to know it should he still be in a jersey by the first game of the season. His deal? While in high school in CA, he was a high profile USC recruit until one of his classmates said that he had raped her. After serving over five years in prison and five years of probation, he was exonerated of all charges after the woman said her story was not true (THAT is slightly rude). Dude has been in living hell for ten years after being a star high school recruit. Good luck, kid.
2) For anyone in the media who has a problem with Magic Johnson’s son, E.J., for walking down Sunset Boulevard holding another dude’s hand, shame on you. Johnson has come out totally supporting his son. Word.
3) DAMMIT. The problem about recruiting new Rant Squad members is because frequently I have can’t take them on because they are going to jail for a long time. Shame on you, Javaris Crittenton. Shame on you for obviously murdering someone AND shame on me for not picking you up earlier for the team. Javaris Crittenton’s story is fun. Stellar student in high school, and championship teammate of Dwight Howard, he graduated high school and went to college. He was an early enough bloomer at Georgia Tech to prematurely go pro. Then, you have him pulling guns in an NBA locker room with Gilbert, the bottom falling out of his NBA career, and allegedly joining a gang. Today, he was indicted for murdering a mother of two. He will be going to prison for a long time. Maybe he will be a star for the prison basketball team.
4) Wow. I pick and choose the hockey games to watch. Last night was a perfect time, as the Pens are chasing the all time wins record. Buffalo SMOKED the Pens last night. Way to ruin THAT hockey experience for me, Pittsburgh.
5) Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice was fired today and is the water cooler topic of the day. The videos were bad, especially for the sensitivity of our modern times. Here are my thoughts: 1) No, I would not want my kid to play for him 2) Bobby Knight probably had close to those practices back in the day, but without the slurs, without today’s times, and WITH winning 3) The guy obviously needs to watch a few training videos on teaching kids 4) He wasn’t even freaking winning (44-51) 5) The administration now looks sneaky since they saw the same videos last year internally and gave him the slap on the wrist 3 game ban. 6) Not that they had recruits coming in galore, but they just lost a lot more as they enter the Big Ten to get SMOKED.
6) The Niners signed Asomugha for one year. Wow, they are loading up for this year. All or nothing is what I am seeing from some of these pickups. Got to be fun to be a fan of a franchise trying like they are after a tough last loss.
7) Don’t be sad for Darvish last night in missing the no-hitter by an out. Sad? Yes. The fact that this close call has already happened on the second day of the season just emphasizes that we are in a golden era for pitchers. These might be years you tell your kids about 20 years from now.
8) This would be the ONLY reason I would think anything positive after hearing the name Ellen DeGeneres. They are making a Finding Nemo sequel. Boom goes the dynamite. LOVE that movie.
9) Sure it is great that Melo had 50. Impressive. That being said, he is playing a lot of PF this year, Bosh guards the PF spot a lot, and he had to try and focus on scoring with Wade, James, and Chalmers all out. With Granger lost for the season for the Pacers, the Knicks HAVE now stated they are the #2 team in the East though.
10) Shaq got his jersey retired with the Lakers. He called out Snowball, saying he needed to be averaging 28-10 like HIS standards were. The only problem with this statement is that now Snowball will probably respond, meaning media coverage, maybe Tweets, etc. Ugghhh.
11) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.